Nurseries and Baby Gear

City mini or bugaboo bee?

So I was on hospital bedrest at 32 weeks so didn't really have time to research a proper stroller. We bought an uppa baby vista which is a nice stroller but doesn't suit our needs at all. We currently use it for strolls around the neighborhood, but that's about it. It is too big and heavy for me to lug around. I'm looking for a stroller which is fairly compact, easy to fold, that I can take in and out of the car with ease when I'm doing multiple stops around town. I'd like something fairly stylish as well. I took LO to test drive some strollers. She is 7 months, but a preemie, so petite. She is long however, already 29 inches. Anyway, a friend of mine recommended I try an umbrella but she seemed really uncomfortable in the UB G luxe. It just wasn't substantial enough, she seemed to be drowning in it. She did like the city mini and the bugaboo bee. Any reviews on these strollers? Why would I want the 4 wheel or GT model of the city mini? How long would it take her to outgrow the bee? Looking for something to take us at least until the stage she will be comfortable in an umbrella. I am not interested in a stroller for jogging, rough terrain, etc. the stroller will be used exclusively to go shopping, out to restaurants, church, etc. TIA!

DOR and AMA
2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
Follow up testing in September all clear;
Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
12/12- Officially an OB patient!
Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

Re: City mini or bugaboo bee?

• For those purposes, I would say the city mini would be perfect. No need for the GT unless you will be going in bumpy/rough terrain. I have no experience with the Bee but I love my mini! Have a single and a double and really love them both! The easy fold, awesome sunshade, full recline, and easy steering. I thought I wanted an umbrella until I got this stroller- it's soooo much better!

• No experience with the Bee either, but is is significantly more expensive. Agree that the City Mini will suit your purposes. Similar size are some Valco brand strollers (similar or lighter weight) and if you really want more compact & can wait, Baby Jogger is coming out with an actual umbrella stroller (want to say it is the Ute but might have the name wrong). Seat will be reversaable & designed to take infant carseats (Holly from Baby Gizmo did a video review already - look at that for the car seat info since it sounds like the adaptor is still in the works & I cannoy recall which brand of seat would not require their universal adaptor.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The nice thing about the bee is that you can have her facing you as you push. I loved being able to interact with my son as we are walking and easily monitor his demeanor ( Is he getting tired or restless or on the verge of a meltdown?) which is harder to do when you can't see their face.
  • I do miss having my daughter face me, however the windows on the City Mini are pretty effective. Being able to face the parent though is definitly a benefit of the new Baby Jogger umbrella stroller.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Check out the City Versa, too, if you're looking at the Bee.  It has a reversible seat, like the bee, but an easy fold like the City Mini (although it's heavier than the City Mini).  We've had a City Mini for over 3 years, and it's a champ.  It's great for errands and traveling, when you have to load it in and out of a car (or through airport security).  My only two complaints about it:  1.) small basket and 2.) the car seat attachment for our Graco Snugride is kind of annoying and doesn't feel that stable.  One of my friends had a Bee, and I don't think they loved it, but I have no personal experience.  I do know that the Bee is like 3 times the price of the City Mini or City Versa.
  • Hands down City Mini.  It is super easy to fold and throw into the car and the sun shades are sub par.  I have a single and a double and love them both.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • The Bee is the BEST.  SERIOUSLY.  It's the best.  It's so narrow, so easy to push, the fold is small.  It's incredible.  Great for errands and urban living.  Everyone here is obsessed with the City Mini so take that with a grain of salt (sorry other posters, but it's true).  I think it's highly overrated.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • ebp913 said:
    The Bee is the BEST.  SERIOUSLY.  It's the best.  It's so narrow, so easy to push, the fold is small.  It's incredible.  Great for errands and urban living.  Everyone here is obsessed with the City Mini so take that with a grain of salt (sorry other posters, but it's true).  I think it's highly overrated.  
    I think the Bee is highly overrated and overpriced.  The City mini does all the things the Bee does but parent face and at a much more affordable price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • What carrier do you Reccomend to fit in the city mini?
  • I have a City Mini GT.  I opted for the GT over the regular City Mini because I thought the ride was smoother.  I don't know anything about the other stroller mentioned, but I love my City Mini GT.  Good luck!
  • Beezerbop said:
    What carrier do you Reccomend to fit in the city mini?
    Are you referring to an infant car seat?  If so, I DON'T recommend the Graco Snugride for it, or any carseat that requires Baby Jogger's "multi-model" carseat adapter with the strap.  It was literally the ONLY thing I disliked about my City Mini (otherwise, it's a wonderful stroller).  The Graco Snugride did not fit in it particularly well and you have to use a strap that goes over the carseat and over the baby to secure it.  If you want a carseat that attaches well to the City Mini, I would go with either a Britax or an UppaBaby, both of which have simple click-in attachments on the sides.

Also, Baby Jogger does not yet have a carseat adapter that works with the brand new "Click Connect" Graco Snugride carseats.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"