January 2013 Moms
Options

Let's talk about eggs

Our pedi asked us to hold off on eggs (and nuts) until we see her for DD's 1 year visit next week. I've followed her request but am anxious to see if eggs will be something DD will eat, as she is a terribly picky eater.

Is anyone else holding off?
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Let's talk about eggs

• Options
    We were giving LO eggs, but I think it lead to a diaper rash.  It's hard to pin it down, but decided to take a break from eggs for a while to see if it helps.  I plan to ask for a referral to an allergist at his one year apt next week any way because of bad eczema.  So I'm planning to wait on nuts and eggs for that.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    emja0214emja0214 member
    edited January 2014
    Our pedi did not say anything about eggs. She only had the yolk (rare to have an allergy to the yolk) and then at her 9 month she said the whole egg is fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been giving her scrambled eggs since 6-7 months with no issues. She loves them. There are no food allergies on either side so I felt ok trying them out.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Brummy14Brummy14 member
    edited January 2014
    We started with egg yolks around 8m adjusted, and went to scrambled around 10m adj, I think? In either case, no issues here. No food allergies on either side of the family, though, either.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Our pedi said we didnt have to hold off on anything, so dd's been having scrambled eggs since about 8 months. They're definitely a favorite and I love it because its such an easy breakfast!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our pedi actually asked us to give eggs prior to her getting the flu shot so we gave her eggs much earlier than we had planned. We had planned to wait until she was 1 bc I had an egg allergy. She likes them ok but prefers if there is cheese in it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I gave DD scrambled eggs about 2 months ago. She had peanut butter about 1 month ago. No problems, we have zero history of allergies just decided to go for it
  • Options
    We've been offering eggs for months (around 7 months I think?).  She used to really like scrambled eggs, then only with cheese, then only boiled egg whites and now she wants nothing to do with them. Our pedi basically told us to offer everything we eat at our 9 month appointment.  I still haven't given her nuts yet because I'm a big wimp though.

• Options
    Our Pedi didn't say anything about holding off on eggs. We have been giving him scrambled eggs for months and it is his FAVORITE food!
  • Options
    We just went to LO's 12 month appointment yesterday and the Pedi told us we could introduce eggs, peanut butter, honey, etc… now. I made LO scrambled eggs with a little cheese this morning and she LOVED it! I'm glad because we are meat free and I'd like some more high protein options. 
  • Options
    Our ped said eat anything as long as there is no family history of allergies.  Scrambled eggs are one of our stand-bys, DD loves them!  Great source of fat and vitamins.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't understand why she wanted us to wait, but we have. Our families are pretty allergy-free, and I can't wait to start eggs and peanut butter next week! Thanks all!
  • Options
    goocran7 said:
    We've been giving her scrambled eggs since 6-7 months with no issues. She loves them. There are no food allergies on either side so I felt ok trying them out.
    this exactly.

• Options

goocran7 said:

this exactly.

Us too, dr recommended at 6months to give eggs and peanut butter. I held off on the peanut butter till yesterday. But she loves that too and no reaction.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS loves eggs, we started them just a bit before the 11 month mark. The only thing we haven't given him is peanut butter/peanuts and honey. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Emme loves scrambled eggs.  Her pediatrician didn't mention anything about not giving her eggs. 
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We were told to give DD eggs. She hates them, I've tried all different ways and it's always a no go

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We were given the okay for nuts and eggs at 6 months and we have been doing eggs since 7 months and PB since 8 or 9 months.  Natural PB is a great way to get protein and extra calories into my itty bitty daughter that is barely on the charts for weight.  Her cheeks were a bit pink 2 times recently after eating plain eggs so we backed off for a bit.  Looking back I think she just had dry skin and it was probably just a coincidence so I will probably feed her eggs again soon.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    Our pedi has never told us to avoid any sort of foods - but I think she senses that I'm not an idiot.  I've given DS scrambled eggs a couple times a week since I often eat them with toast and he hasn't had any issues.  I've also given him some taste of peanut butter with no reaction, either, which I'm so happy about.  The only problem we have with eggs is that he won't pick them up to feed himself (he doesn't like to pick up soft or squishy foods) but I started stuffing mini-pitas with the scrambled eggs and he'll pick those up no problem.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chappy_jr said:

Our pedi has never told us to avoid any sort of foods - but I think she senses that I'm not an idiot.  I've given DS scrambled eggs a couple times a week since I often eat them with toast and he hasn't had any issues.  I've also given him some taste of peanut butter with no reaction, either, which I'm so happy about.  The only problem we have with eggs is that he won't pick them up to feed himself (he doesn't like to pick up soft or squishy foods) but I started stuffing mini-pitas with the scrambled eggs and he'll pick those up no problem.

I don't think I'm an idiot either, but just wondered if others had been given similar advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"