2nd Trimester

Length of anatomy scan??

How long did your anatomy scan take? I am trying to plan what time to tell my boss I will be back at work....
Me:35,  DH: 39   
TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
8/13: FET #1= BFN
10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image

Re: Length of anatomy scan??

• Mine was 2 hours but my babies are wiggly & uncooperative. ;)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1 hour per baby is the norm. I would give your work a 3 hour time frame. Never know if they are going to be running behind. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Lucy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was abt an hour.... and I have to go back as mine wouldn't stop moving so she could not get good images of his heart.
  • Mine was an hour, maybe just a little less. That included 3 bathroom breaks (the clinic required a full bladder) and a bit of a wait for the baby to flip over since she was face-down at the beginning.
  • Mine was an hour and I still have to go back to get more shots. My imaging place only gives out one hour time slots and if they can't do it in that hour then they have you make an appointment to come back. Maybe check and see if your imaging place does that or if they keep you until they have all they need. 
  • About an hour and half.
  • Mine today was 1hr u/s, then back to the waiting room to wait for Dr, then dr. appt.  All in all about 1hr45.  But I have to go back too.  Baby was too wiggly to get good heart and brain measurements.

TTC #1 4/09-3/10, dx PCOS, 5th round clomid BFP 3/27/10, Nolan Lee, 11/13/10, PROM 36 weeks
    TTC #2 6/12-3/13, natural BFP 3/24/13, TWINS
    MC first twin at 11weeks, MC/preterm labor second twin, DD at 15weeks, 6/7/13
    BFP 9/21/13, EDD 6/5/13!!  It's a GIRL

SHE'S HERE!  Scarlett Christine, 5/19/14

• fsumomfsumom member
    edited January 2014
    The actual scan was probably 20 minutes not including the time I had to wait prior to being seen. The sonographer at my OB's office has many years experience and knows her stuff.  She was able to get all measurements she needed.  I was there for probably an hour or so but that also included a second appointment I had scheduled at 10AM for my regular appointment.  I was surprised how quickly they got me in as sometimes I've waited an hour just to be seen!
    ~Jessica~ 

• The scan itself took about 20 minutes, she got all the shots she wanted pretty quick, but then we went back to the waiting room for the Dr. to analyze them, I guess and he delivered us the results within about 30 minutes. The office was packed that day. I am used to waiting at least 20 mins in the waiting room.
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • All I remember is it went a lot faster than I expected and I remember thinking there was no way she got everything she needed. I did not meet with the doctor afterwards either. I'm assuming they look at it and call if they find something. I'm sure I will hear about it at my next appointment

It's a BOY

• 1 hour for the whole appointment.
  • Mine was also about an hour long with three bathroom breaks. My baby was laying in a wonderful position to capture pictures of the heart, diaphragm and developing bones, but proved to be tricky when trying to assess gender. The tech got everything she needed, which is what took so long, there is just a lot of data for them to collect.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just had mine and she got all measurements in 20-25 minutes.
  • Mine was over 2 hours but LO was uncooperative. They actually sent me out to walk around and get something to eat and then come back. I was in that office for over 3 hours though with all the waiting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine was about an hour, including a pee break in the middle. Lemon was uncooperative so some of the hour was spent trying to get him to flip over, but he wouldn't so I have to go back next week for a few additional shots (but luckily without a full bladder!)
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • When I scheduled, she told me plan for 1hr 15 mins
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As long as it takes. Depends on the baby, if they find any issues and how the baby cooperates

Mine took 3 hours

• Mine went very quick and we were there maybe 15 minutes and then done.  I was surprised at how quickly it went, but apparently the baby was very cooperative and they got everything they needed quickly.  My doctor went over the results briefly with me at my next monthly appt.
  • Mine was about 20 min, but he was still and in a great position so I think that's the minimum time period it should take, assuming the baby is cooperating! But like others say, you want to allow time for waiting, wiggly baby and anything else that might pop up.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was 30-45 minutes. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"