January 2013 Moms

First Big Fall

So DD took her first big fall today. We were playing on the bed and she crawled a little to fast and when I grabbed her foot it slipped out of her footie and she fell. She stopped crying quickly, does not have any bumps or anything, and has been her normal self. I on the other hand am freaking out and cried way longer than she did. I feel terrible and keep thinking about the moment in my mind. I feel like such a bad mama. I am so parenoid there is something wrong, but DH keeps reasurring me she is fine because she is acting like herself. I am still feeling really down........
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First Big Fall

• It happens to all of us, but I know what you mean about freaking out. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Yeah falls suck! DD hasn't had a big one since she was first learning to stand but that was pretty bad, she passed out so I ran her over to our medical unit. No problems though, the doctor made sure to remind me that "babies bounce."
  • Loading the player...
  • It's an awful feeling @emja0214. I have totally been there and almost went running through the streets to the ER (two blocks away). Try to think about other things rather than replaying it in your mind. (Easier said than done, I know.) It sounds like your DD is OK. Hugs!  

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Don't beat yourself up hon.. When DS fell off the bed, we had just moved and the parts to our metal bed frame were on the floor where he fell. He wound up with 4 stitches. I know how easy it is to panic. I threw up after we got out of the hospital from being so high strung, and damn near passed out as they were stitching him, and god i wanted to kill my husband (totally not fair, it was an accident and not his fault, but at the time..). Point is, even with a fall bad enough to warrant a hospital visit, DS is perfectly fine today. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"