January 2013 Moms
Options

Recipes and dish ideas, please!

I'm boring LO with the same recipes every week, and as she's already picky, I would love your ideas!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Recipes and dish ideas, please!

• Options
    Smoothies are a great way to get them to eat healthy but make it tasty. Check out the sneaky chef. There are tons of ideas there.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Following. DS is getting pretty picky.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She consistently eats bananas, yo baby yogurt and apples. She will do some crackers and string cheese. In really trying to be healthy and offer her different things to try, but it's like pulling teeth!
  • Options
    Here are the main things DD eats:

Breakfast and snacks: Cheerios, berries, bananas, oranges, pineapple, whole grain muffins, mashed banana with egg fried up like a pancake, whole wheat apple cinnamon pancakes and organic plain whole milk yogurt. 

Lunch and Dinner:  She eats whatever we eat, but here are some favorites, broccoli cheese nuggets from wholesomebabyfood.com, homemade macaroni and cheese, whole grain pasta with meat sauce, grilled chicken, sweet potato fries (and any other type of potato), stewed tomatoes, pork or beef roast, and if I'm lucky, roasted vegetables.  She used to eat anything we gave her but now she spits out vegetables and has huge meltdowns when we try to get her to eat them. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    My DD also used to eat anything, but has been refusing vegetables lately. I started mixing vegetables with vanilla whole milk yogurt so they are sort of like creamed vegetables. She eats them fine that way. Just a suggestion to those of you struggling with veggies.
    Baby Evelyn - born 1.16.2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i have a hard time with lunch and breakfast during the week....dinner and the weekends no issue because she'll eat what we eat....and she's not picky...
    but during the week she's at daycare...i sent chicken nuggets for her last week, but she can't have that every day....and pancakes for breakfast...i'm sending yogurt for her too, and she still has some baby food there
    but lunch is tripping me up...i just made some pasta with peas mixed in to send and some fruit cups so she has something other than chicken..
    she likes macaroni and cheese...i'll have to make some to send too i guess....and she likes cheese...maybe cheese sandwich? 
    the dr had suggested cottage cheese with fruit mixed in too...has anyone tried that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been making some things off My Lovely Little Lunch Box for DD for breakfast. I'm going to make a batch of muffin sized "impossible" pies this week because I start work next week and those should be easy for the nanny to feed her. 

DD isn't picky but I do find it hard to feed her. Which is why I need to jump on board with the menu planning thread...
  • Options

@dckate I've been wanting to throw crakcers and cheese in the mix. What kind do you use? We normally do cheese and apples and cheerios!

Dh will make her a breakfast baby burrito with scrambled eggs cheese and ham.

She really likes it when I make chili. White chili in particular. She'll do pasta with fresh tomatoes and a little cheese.

She likes organic cheddar and mix string cheese. Inhales it, in fact! She will also eat shredded cheddar, Colby and mozz when I'm preparing tacos or chilli. Re: crackers, I will let her snack on stone wheat or rice crackers. She's just starting to bite off pieces of her food with her front teeth, and crackers that dissolve easily are a good way to practice:)

Trader Joes also has a great four pack of variety crackers. One is whole wheat, one is butter, etc. she likes to snack on those, too!

• Options
    Do any of you have a good smoothie recipe? Do you just blend the ingredients in a blender? That seems totally obvious but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
  • Options
    My little guy has been on a solids strike lately, the only things i have convinced him to eat are apple pancakes, some turkey and ham deli meat, cheddar cheese, and he scarfed down some lo mein last week. But that is hardly a balanced diet. He will devour fruit and veggie pouches, and i make sure to get some with grains, and some with yogurt, and all of them have both fruit AND veggie, but eventually he needs to switch to table food. He used to love it. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    DCKate said:
    Do any of you have a good smoothie recipe? Do you just blend the ingredients in a blender? That seems totally obvious but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
    I make a green smoothie for myself every morning.  I used to hate green smoothies until I followed tips and a recipe guide from https://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes.

I start by blending a cup of spinach with a cup of juice, milk or water.  Once the spinach is blended I add in a couple tablespoons of plain yogurt, a banana and a cup of frozen fruit (usually just a tropical mixed blend).  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"