C-sections
Options

Healing or infected?

Hello all!
I was induced three weeks early due to pre-eclampsia. The induction wasn't working at all - no dilation no thinning, nothing. So I had to have a c-section. I have had a very easy recovery with very minimal pain and I stopped needing the pain meds only four days after the surgery.

At my two week check up the dr said the incision was healing perfectly. Now I'm at week three and I was checking the incision after my shower. I noticed most of the scar is black like a healing scab. But on the left side of the incision there it is red with no black scabbing and there was a bit of white coming out. Maybe puss? It was very minimal but I still very nervous.

Do you think this is just part of the healing process or could it be an infection? The whole incision is still a bit tender but no more than usual. What do you think? What would you do?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Healing or infected?

• Options
    I had a similar experience with my incision. I went to my Dr ASAP and a turned out I needed an antibiotic for infection that was starting. I'd call your dr and have someone look at it as soon as possible. Good luck!
  • Options
    Same here fab recovery with first c section but the right side slightly opened and got infected.
    Go to docs x
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your responses! I will call my doctor first thing in the morning. Did you have to get stitches to close it @colleenxx ? I'm just scared to get staples again.
  • Options
    Could be nothing but it also could be the beginning of an infection so I would definitely call tomorrow to be sure.

• Options
    Could be nothing but it also could be the beginning of an infection so I would definitely call tomorrow to be sure.
    This. With my incision I think better safe than sorry. 
  • Options
    I had a similar experience, bit did not require antibiotics. They had me clean it with peroxide on a sterile pad and use hot moist heat several times a day, and cover it loosely (to keep it dry, prevent rubbing and promote air flow) and it cleared up and healed. They also had me watch my temperature.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"