March 2014 Moms

Avent vs Tommee Tippee Bottles

So I registered for Avent bottles after doing a lot of research comparing them to Dr.Brown's. I recently discovered Tommee Tippee though and think I may like them better to start with because they don't have an internal valve that has to be assembled correctly( or else bottles can leak). It's one less piece to worry about. I know ultimately the baby will decide which bottle works best but I was wondering if any of the moms here have a preference/ experience with either.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Avent vs Tommee Tippee Bottles

• I'm a FTM but my sister swears by Tommee Tippee. She said Avent is good too but her son preferred the nipple on the TT bottles, and they were SO easy to clean.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • The TT bottles are easier by far!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • FTM question here...but is the bottle just as important as the nipple? I was just thinking the nipple is what baby would be picky about (I'm breast feeding but will pump).
  • My friend loved the Tommy Tippee bottles and that's what we registered for. I'm planning to BF and the TT nipples are supposed to be more "natural".

Anniversary

• I also registered for some of the pacis that match the TT bottles. Sis said those we're good too

• We got the tommee tippee ones too. FTM, but a few friends recommended them to us. I've also had lots of friends use Avent though so I wouldn't stress.
  • PSA I got a bunch of TT bottles at target yesterday for over half price off. target is having pretty good sales you just have to search for them because they are mixed with the regular priced stuff

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• CactusGirlCactusGirl member
    edited January 2014
    I loved TT, they were the only ones my baby would take (after trying like 3 others, including dr brown). I plan on using TT again. However, I don't believe I ever tried avent so I don't have any say on those.

Edit to add: I also BF, which is why I liked the TT, the wide top resembled the breast unlike all the skinny bottles.

• I have heard so many good reviews on TT, a lot of people do not like the variable flow nipples in the reviews online though. I haven't used them in the past but I plan on using them this time around. I bought the anti colic ones because of their high reviews.

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • LittlePigeonLittlePigeon member
    edited January 2014
    We registered for a small set of each since a lot of people tole me the "best" bottles are just based on your baby's preference.
    textimage

• I was wondering this too, but I'm confused about some of the responses here.

Avent has the "natural" bottles with the super wide nipple too...they look identical to me! I got a free natural Avent bottle from Motherhood Maternity. 

Are you guys comparing those, or something else? What am I missing?
    I know Avent has 2 styles of nipples- the natural and the traditional.  My main concern is leaking problems with the extra valves of the Avent bottles. The valve is directly on the nipple of the TT bottle so there is no extra piece to worry about.
  • I'm so sorry, but I'm still really confused. Do you mean it's on top of the silicone, instead of on the side? I don't have an extra piece to assemble...did I get something defective...?
    I am wondering the same thing. Mine seem to be pretty straightfoward. My ant who used them said the key is assembling them when they are damp so it creates a seal. Then the avent ones don't leak. 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• I'm so sorry, but I'm still really confused. Do you mean it's on top of the silicone, instead of on the side? I don't have an extra piece to assemble...did I get something defective...?

I'm talking about the inner ring as seen on the video. The TT bottles don't have one. Hope that helps! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VoxDsBqROeY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVoxDsBqROeY
  • A friend of mine got a lactation consultant come to her house she has been consulting for 20+ years and she recommended TT as the best bottle out there to prevent nipple confusion. I registered for those
  • We really liked tommee tippee bottles and I loved the formula holder insert from in them too! It was so easy to prepare for a day out.
    We didn't start using bottles until about 7 months so the nipple confusion never really came into play for us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have done a ton of research and will be going with tommee tippee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"