2nd Trimester
Options

Stupid question

I apologize in advance for this insanely stupid question but when googling it I get mixed answers. I really need to up my protein intake but eating peanut butter or meat is out of the question. I'm still battling awful m/s even with Zofran. So, my question is.... Is protein powder shakes safe during pregnancy?

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Stupid question

• Options
    Talk to your dr. Mine recommended them for the first tri as I wasn't able to eat enough, but now she prefers I eat real food and not supplement with shakes. I wanted to stay away from any artificial sweeteners, so I opted for an HerbaLife shake.
    There are many other ways to get protein though outside of peanut butter and meat.
  • Options
    Talk to your doctor about the protein shakes. Some are ok, some not. I'd suggest getting it from food if you can as well. LuckyNumbers gave some good suggestions for foods. I lived on omlettes for a while during 1st tri to help keep my energy up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Quinoa is also super high in protein, and is made the same way as rice is.  Slice some fruit into it, or a spoonful of honey and some cinnamon or something.  It's yummy!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"