2nd Trimester

Swelling

Hey ladies! So I work full time on my feet and boy have they been killing me! Today I got some swelling in my feet and above my knees. Any suggestions on what can help? I drink a ton of water and don't like to eat a lot of salt... Feet are up now.

Re: Swelling

• I hate to say it but it may be time for compression hose. They aren't nearly as bad as they used to be and with it being winter, you can probably find some good options that look more like tights. 
  • I've heard that leaning on one foot and putting the other up on a stool or something and then switching is supposed to help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB suggested watermelon.  
  • Also, I'd suggest actually tracking your food for a few days.  In the nutrition classes I teach, I always get students who tell me that they don't like to eat a lot of salt, but when I make them log for a week (using MyFitnessPal or another free service), they're always astonished at the sodium levels.  The rule of thumb is no more than 2300 mg daily for most people, and 1500 for African Americans and those with a history of heart issues- I'd likely assume most OBs would expect a pregnant woman to come in on the lower end here considering the swelling issues we already have.  I've had those same students find days with anywhere from 3590 to a whopping 8500 mg of sodium and they never considered any of it salty.  Might be helpful! 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"