2nd Trimester

neutral party name question

Hi all. My husband and I are not finding out the gender of our first baby, and we're not discussing names with family and friends. I'm looking for a neutral party to help us with something. Our last name is Gibson, and there are so many cute names, for both boys and girls that end with "son"... Madison, Emerson, Harrison, Addison. Is it just me, or does anyone else think the "son/son" is too sing songy?

Re: neutral party name question

• Our last name also ends in "son" - with my dd and this baby I've told dh no to any names that end in "son" as well. I think it's too sing-songy, rhyming etc. Actually, my maiden name also ended in "son" and when I changed my name I kept my middle and just dropped my maiden name entirely because I couldn't take the two "son" names back to back lol. So yes, I'm not a fan. But agree with you that there are lots of cute names that end in "son" that I'll unfortunately never use!

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Personally, yeah- I do.  Our last name ends in -ey and I would never choose a first name that ends with that sound.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I don't!  I think those are all good names and if your last name is Gibson they all sound great!    If you have a girl I really wouldn't worry about it as chances are that she may end up taking on her partners last name at some point in life.  But I like the names:)
    After 4 years of unexplained infertility, IF treatments and 3 losses we have our miracle baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think they sound bad at all.  Our last name ends with a -in and we named DS2 Owen which ends in a -in sound.  I don't think it even entered my mind when we picked his name.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm in the same boat, and for us, we crossed off anything that ended in -son, even though one of my favorite boy names is Jackson. It just sounds strange to me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just name her Debbie or Mel...case closed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would cross them off if it were me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it's something you like, do it. You could always give a middle name that broke it up. For example Madison Marie Gibson, so it doesn't seem so sing-songy. My first and last name married both start with C so I have the k sounds going and my husbands full name all ends in -er which I hate. If his middle name didn't have it too it would sound better. Just so you know what I'm dealing with, his first and middle name is Homer Elmer and our last name also ends in -er so you can see how bad that is. Just don't do that to a kid lol.
  • Our last name ends in -on and I can't bring myself to pick a name that ends similarly. It sounds strange to me. SIL has a name like that and I really don't like it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • For some reason the "sons" don't bother me. I think any of those names sound pretty cute with Gibson! Just so long as the middle name doesn't end with -son ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Don't use any "son" names.
  • it's a no-no. pick another name
  • LadyMacaronLadyMacaron member
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't do it. Plus, the -son names are incredibly popular and overused, so to me that's kind of a turn off. -Son is the new Aiden/Jayden/Kaden.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"