October 2013 Moms

who else is "teething"....

My mom babysat for us tonight. When I got home she told us she thinks Jo is starting to teeth already. Ugh, she is only 10 weeks. And I guess this can go on for weeks before the first tooth comes in. No wonder we both have been miserable at night time...
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: who else is "teething"....

• Well I didn't think so, but now that mention it. I wonder if this is D's problem. We've been having a lot of hand chewing, drooling, and fussiness lately.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• My little dude has gone from sucking to gnawing anything he can get his hands on! Boobies dried up just in time!

I started chilling some soothies and have a freezer safe teether for traveling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup he chomps down on anything that comes close to his mouth!
    Deft a drooly face too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maybe I should save this for my uo tomorrow but I side eye anyone who claims their young infant is teething. I work in child care and hear parents blame everything on teeth. Babies drool, they fuss, and they discover their hands and chew on them.  Very few will get teeth in thenext few months. Rant over, carry on.

Which is whyI didn't think of it until this post...lol
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• @katiemm623 what would you define the signs of teething?

• @katiemm623 what would you define the signs of teething?
    teeth showing up in their mouth

But really, this is what babies do. Teeth do shift so that can sometimes cause things, truly you don't know for sure until you can feel/see teeth. But it is very rare to teeth this early. Give it a few more months and then worry about it. Unless you really do notice teeth. 
    Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks. The next time she is really fussy ill try a wet wash cloth on her gums, but won't worry too much. I thought teeth came in closer to 6 months. So maybe her teeth are just shifting and it will end soon.

• I feel a sharp bit in his gums when I run my finger along the ridge of his lower gums. No idea as this is my first...but I think it has to be a tooth right? Skeptical but the little sharp thing has been there multiple days in a row.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Teething is the biggest fucking mindfuck. With my first two I was convinced they were teething starting at 4 months. They showed all the signs. Neither popped a tooth before 6 1/2 months.
    Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • #1 didn't get a tooth until after she was a year old. I'm hoping the same for #2.

• btimes3 said:

Please, don't feed my paranoia!  I've been thinking for the past week that Emma was acting like she's teething even though it's impossible at this age.  She's suddenly in love with sucking on her fist, she cries (although I'm assuming that's part of this lovely growth spurt we're in the middle of) and she's been drooling a lot.  But like I said, almost-two-months is way too early.  Since I'm BFing, the longer she holds off on teeth, the happier my boobs will be.

That's what I'm saying! I have a few signs but no buds. I'm bfing so I want to delay it. So I'm telling myself it is preteething and having a glass of wine. My mommentioned it and since she had 4 kids she has been through the teething thing...

• pmarie33 said:

#1 didn't get a tooth until after she was a year old. I'm hoping the same for #2.

This for us to...#1 was 14 months when he got his first...hoping for the same again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are going through the same thing. I've started putting bibs on her so she's not always in wet/cold clothes, but I hate them! They get all twisted & she flips them over her face. My MIL keeps saying she has buds & I just smile and nod. She is drooling and gnawing a lot, but there are no buds yet, and for my boobs sake I hope there won't be for a while.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited January 2014
    btimes3 said:

Please, don't feed my paranoia!  I've been thinking for the past week that Emma was acting like she's teething even though it's impossible at this age.  She's suddenly in love with sucking on her fist, she cries (although I'm assuming that's part of this lovely growth spurt we're in the middle of) and she's been drooling a lot.  But like I said, almost-two-months is way too early.  Since I'm BFing, the longer she holds off on teeth, the happier my boobs will be.

I am having the same issue , minus the crying. I am so afraid of BFing while she is teething , because he has been biting down on me today ... Not pleasant !
    < image
  • @Ellestaxx I was having the same problem trying to post earlier. Switched to my iPad, from the computer, and now no issues. Very odd.

And to stay on topic...mine is a drooling mess and loves his fists! Glad no teeth yet!
  • Maybe I should save this for my uo tomorrow but I side eye anyone who claims their young infant is teething. I work in child care and hear parents blame everything on teeth. Babies drool, they fuss, and they discover their hands and chew on them.  Very few will get teeth in thenext few months. Rant over, carry on.

I agree with ya! I was just doing some reading and they said around nine weeks babies start to drool and put their hands in their mouth, not because of teething though. They drool because they don't yet know that swallowing can control that and the hand sucking- well I don't really know the reasoning, its just what they do.

<3 Brantley Richard - Born October 28, 2013 <3

<3 Baby #2 due to arrive May 18, 2015 <3

• Those of us with babies closer to 3 months posted this awhile back. We all have drooling babies who are discovering their hands. :D
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Yeah I found the thread last night. I also visited dr Google. If it was just me I was going with her being a baby. But it was one of the first things my mom said. We can't see any buds so maybe it's preteething and teeth shifting. She gets so upset all of a sudden like when she got shots.. I'm a ftm that is confused.

• I read that this is when their saliva glads mature and they also find their hands. Its commonly mistaken for teething.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I swear to god I've blamed all of ds's issues his whole life on teething (he'll be 2 at the end if the month). They teeth FOREVER.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Preach.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards