March 2014 Moms

New Years Eve! Plans?

So, whatcha doin' tonight?

I have a sweet party to go to with lively, lovely people. More about hanging out, sing-alongs, being grateful than about getting drunk and wild. I love this night a whole lot. Although I will miss the drinks.
baby boy: 3.19.2014

Re: New Years Eve! Plans?

• Well tonight we are going with my husbands parents and brother and sister to a nice restaurant ( mmmm crab cakes :)) then over to their house. We got the cards against humanity game to play so should be a good night. Then tomorrow morning will be our Christmas morning over there. Get up do presents and then brunch. Then the boys will help take down the ten foot tree.
  • lvlichellelvlichelle member
    edited December 2013
    Going to church at 9..We will have service. After that we will do our annual Chinese gift exchange (The idea is that each person brings a gift within $10. Each guest will select a wrapped (or already unwrapped) gift, which they risk losing to someone else! Everyone will go home with a gift, but the fun is watching who ends up with (and who steals) which presents... totally googled the explanation, lol).. Each lady brings an appetizer and dessert and we play games until about 3am. This year I made Buckeyes (Chocolate covered peanut butter candies) and bean taco style pinwheels.

Super fun.. every year. I can't wait!

ETA: I changed the font some so it is easier to read.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Loading the player...
  • Cup-a-noodles, Coca Cola, and a Law and Order SVU Marathon. I'll be lucky if I see 10pm.
  • We had plans to have people over for dinner, but our daughter came down with a 103 fever about an hour ago so we had to call and cancel. I feel like crap for ruining someone else's New Years. Fortunately they're parents too so they understand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BethRN1987 I've read about Cards Against Humanity and I keep forgetting to get it so I haven't yet played but it seems like a lot of fun! Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was having mini contractions during my non stress test today, so my Dr told me to stay off my feet and stay home tonight. So DH and I are having chili and hanging out. Probably the first NYE where I've stayed home ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @BethRN1987 I've read about Cards Against Humanity and I keep forgetting to get it so I haven't yet played but it seems like a lot of fun! Enjoy!

You can print it off the internet for free! Just cut and put on notecards! I love free easy to make things
  • Semi-fancy dinner at 7. Not the best place in town because those booked up weeks ago. But it's nice enough for me justifying dressing up! It may be my last night dressed up for a night on the town for a while! Unless I'm feeling up to waddling out on valentines day. Then probably go home and fall asleep!
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Staying home.snore
    Pregnancy Tickerimage

I have it! It's evil but I kinda love it! We play Apples to Apples a lot, too.
  • So apparently my plans involve obsessive bumping?

I am going to put down the phone, clean the kitchen, and read Dante's Inferno. Yup. Starting.......now.

Putting....down....the phone.
  • I'm actually very excited for our lack of plans tonight. Snacks, cheese fondue, and a true blood marathon with MH in our pajamas. And possibly making it up for the ball drop tonight. We'll see.

• DH went to a hockey game tonight and I am home watching Netflix. I will probably walk the dog and go to bed when this episode is over.
  • DD is in bed...and DH is a police sgt here in Philadelphia, PA and is headed to work.   I see a bubble bath a movie and bed in my future....quiet way to bring in the new year.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • Kids to bed then Chinese take out and a movie with DH. I've never really liked going out for NYE anyway so this is pretty typical. Some years we've had friends over but low key is good right now!
    imageimage 
  • Well, it's nearly 11:30 and I'm laying in bed... Went to dinner with DH, my mom and her boyfriend, then we went back to her house and played Catch Phrase. It was fun. Had to get DS from MIL's though. So here I am in bed. So tired!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"