Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long did it take for your HCG levels to drop?

I am new to this board, so this is part introduction, part question.  I recently came off of bcp in October so we could start TTC.  Fast forward a bit, I had what I thought was a normal period starting on December 5 although it was light and didn't last long.  That next week I started spotting and it didn't stop so I took a pregnancy test which was positive.  The day after that I ended up in the ER because of a significant increase in the bleeding along with cramping.  Because of all the previous bleeding, it was hard to date a possible pregnancy.  My HCG levels in the ER were in the 700's.  I followed up with my OBGYN three days later and they were in the 400's, then a couple more days in the high 200's so they confirmed a miscarriage.  

We went out of town for Christmas break so I just went back yesterday.  I am still bleeding (thursday will be three weeks) and a urine test was still positive so I had an ultrasound and another lab draw.  The dr said it is possible this pregnancy is ectopic but because of how early it was it is hard to know for sure.  They called this a.m. and my levels are now 150 so I have to get them drawn again tomorrow.  He said if they don't start dropping more I will need a methotrexate injection.  He also said I have some fluid outside of my uterus.

Has anyone had bleeding this long and taken this long for your levels to drop when you were only 5 weeks or so along?  He wrote for the lab tomorrow to be stat and it is kind of making me nervous.  Thanks so much for the support ladies! I am so incredibly sorry there is a need for this board and that you all are here.   

Re: How long did it take for your HCG levels to drop?

• Options
    My levels dropped pretty quickly for 2 of my miscarriages. (I am in the middle of my 4th now).  My 3rd miscarriage they suspected it was ectopic (it wasn't) and they gave me a methotrexate shot. My advice is to have them ensure it is ectopic before giving you that shot - #1 because that was the sickest I have ever been on top of the emotional pain of a loss and #2 you can't TTC for at least 3 months because it stays in your system. And it took a month for my HCG to get to 0 (but it was in the 16,000s when I got the shot). I am sorry I don't have better information for you in terms of levels.  Good luck and I am sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    They are still going down for me. But I was 9 weeks and at 49,000. A month later I'm now at 28. The closer I get to 0 the slower they go.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Took me about 3 weeks for HCG to go down to zero ... Period came around 4 weeks after MC.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure I only have HPT to work with as my OB for some strange reason doesn't like to do HCG testing.  So I had a faint positive 12/5 (about 4 weeks), then a very dark one a week later, went in the next  week for ultrasound because of spotting, baby was two weeks behind no HB.  I just took a test today and it was negative in the time frame or the test.  I'm guessing I will be at zero soon.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone.  I had them drawn again today, so I guess tomorrow I will know more. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"