Infertility

Intro to board

I thought I would join you ladies if that is ok. I'm 25 and DH is 26. We have been nnttc for three years and ttc for three years. Had a laparoscopy done which showed endometriosis and had some blockage in both tubes. Had that all taken care of and still no luck. DH had SA done, showed low sperm count, low morph, low motility, 84% deformed head, and 0% normal sperm.

First visit with RE he wanted DH to take 10 different vitamin pills. Most of those vitamins were in the Fertilaid pill, so thats what DH is taking. Repeat SA in March. I'm on b.c. to help with endo pain/heavy bleeding and also for IVF preparation. My OB/GYN doesn't think the vitamins will help much and said more than likely will have to do IVF/ICSI.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro to board

• Welcome!  So sorry to hear about all your struggles.  Hopeful IVF/ICSI will be the answer.  Lots of luck to you!
    Me: 36, unexplained 
    Him: 36, slightly low count 
    TTC since May 2011 
    IUI #1 w/Clomid - 10/2012 BFN 
    Break for cysts 
    IUI #2 w/Clomid - 12/2012 BFN 
    Break for cysts 
    IUI #3 w/Clomid - 2/2013 BFN 
    Break for sanity and to work on health with diet, exercise, and acupuncture 
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BCP, 150 Follistim, 150 Menopur, and Ganirelix
    Retrieval 9/11/2013 - 31 eggs, 17 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen 
    Transfer cancelled - Moderate OHSS 
    FET #1 - 10/22/2013 Transferred 2 (1 did not survive thaw) BFP resulted in CP 
    IVF/ICSI #2 - EPP - Starting stims 1/5/2014 (100 Follistim, 150 Menopur)
    All welcome!

• Welcome!  Knowing what I know now, I kind of wished we would have gone straight to IVF but at the time, thought we'd try with the least invasive/pain the butt way first. Due to DH low morph & motility once we moved forward with IVF there was no question in our mind we would have the ICSI done. Good luck with your next steps!
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board and I'm sorry you find yourself here.  Hopefully you get some results with the supplements, unfortunately we did not but I do know some ladies that have had their DH's have success.  Hopefully you will be able to move forward soon.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Ty all so much. Glad i found this board with you ladies i can relate to. I was wondering (im impatient) if DH could get the SA done in Feb. Instead of March. He has been taking it since Dec. I just hate the waiting game. Been waiting too long it feels like already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • welcome! your RE might want to wait until all the supplements are fully absorbed into his system and able to see a good difference in the #s. waiting is the hardest but i hope your time passes quickly and GL on your next cycle!
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
  • Hi and welcome. I hope that your stay here is short and sweet. 

We had to wait three months for my DH to take hormones with the hope of improving his SA. In the end, it didn't make any difference in his numbers, but the RE thought that it might have helped anyway by improving the quality. In general, any supplements, hormones, etc. need three months before the possible effects show up in the SA. So theoretically, you could do a SA in Feb., but you wouldn't see the effect of the supplements. I know waiting sucks. 

There is a MFI check-in every Sunday. Maybe you would find that useful. Good luck to you!

Me: 28, DH: 35
    DX: Severe MFI, AZFc Microdeletion
    TTC since August 2011
    IVF w/ ICSI 1: Dec. 2013 - BFN
    FET 1.2: Mar. 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.3: May 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.4: June 2014 - BFP
    Two little buns in the oven. 
    Bake until March 2015, little ones. 

"Life will be clearer around me.
     Life will be more burdensome for me. 
    Life will be richer for me." 
    -Rudolf Steiner
  • We waited about 75 days for DH's HCG injections to work and I really wish we would have waiting a couple more weeks.  We saw an improvement but not large enough and our urologist stopped treatments.  I really believe if we would have waited just a little longer we would have seen a larger difference.  I know the waiting sucks but remember, you have to give the drugs time to work.  Try to focus on that instead of the passing days and maybe that will help.  I'm sorry.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Welcome and good luck!
    Married 8/2009, TTC since 4/2010
    ME: 30, DOR- Low amh, normal fsh/afc DH: 30, morphology issue
    IVF #1- BFN
    IVF #2- BFP!!! Beautiful baby girl became an angel on 2/6/13 at 17.5 weeks due to PPROM/IC
    IVF #3- New RE... February March 2014! 8r/6m/6f. Transferred one and have one frostie! BFP! EDD 12/7/14
    **PAIF/SAIF welcome

• I am so sorry you find yourself here. This is a great group of ladies full of knowledge and support. I hope things work out for you and goodluck!!
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"