July 2013 Moms

Reminds me not to stress about my stretch marks...

I thought this was a nice reminder that we should be proud of our post pregnancy bodies...stretch marks and all!

https://weseekjoy.blogspot.com/2013/12/babies-ruin-bodies.html?showComment=1388450366012

Re: Reminds me not to stress about my stretch marks...

• This is all over Facebook today. Makes me feel a little insensitive but I just think blah blah I'm over the miracle of life thing. It shows how shallow our world is that we have to have blogs like this circulate social media to remind us what is perfectly natural and what humans (and animals) have been doing since the beginning of time. But now we have to glorify it just to excuse how our bodies change.

And if you couldn't tell, I'm grumpy today ;-)
  • Someone posted this earlier today. I thought It was nice.
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Didn't see the other posts about this...sorry!
  • @MrsHetzel I feel the same way. Sure, I had two babies, but it doesn't make me feel any better about looking dumpy.

I am so tired of flipping self affirming douchebaggery. Maybe it's because I'm not an emotional or empathetic person.  Maybe it's because I'm over tired dealing with two kids and a dog that has to take a cocktail of drugs, all at varying dosage intervals.

Get over the affirmations and just live with what you've got, or change it if you don't like it.  What a ridiculous part of our first world society.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I still haven't read this blog thing even though it's been posted several times...hmmm. Maybe I should.
  • I dunno, I liked it..  just put my issues with my body into perspective.  Could also be because I've only recently been able to really enjoy the whole miracle of life stuff since I'm not depressed out of my mind all the time.
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • @alicia0817  - amen!  :)

Sorry you're having a crap time right now though.. that's no fun :(  
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • I love it too. Reminds me that I'm proud to be a momma and of what my body went through.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"