April 2014 Moms

Hot Weather Clothing?

While I know a lot of you will have lovely spring weather when your little one is born, I'm feeling a bit worried about the heat. Our first 100+ degree day was in April last year, so while it could be lovely, it would also be quite warm. I'm also due at the very end of the month, so he could very likely arrive in May. 

As a FTM, I have no idea how I'll be wanting to dress my baby. Our house we'll keep air conditioned, but when I take him out, do I dress him in just a onsie? Pants? A romper? A full sleeper? I'm trying to figure out how much of everything we'll need, and am at a bit of a loss. 

Any advice? If you're also a hot climate mama, what are you planning for your little one to wear those first months?
TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

Re: Hot Weather Clothing?

• Here in the Central Valley I feel your problem! DD lived in cloth diapers, onsies and tee-shirts. We did have a lot of dresses. Really even the onesie was over kill but it helped to soak up the sweat and keep DD from sticking to me. She spent a lot of time naked and in swim suits. I recommend buying suits now since they are on clearance! But we did nakie a lot. This pic was taken I march last year. We had AC installed May this year, so I'm hoping it's better next year!
  • DD was July in NJ and it was a ridiculously hot summer. She wore just a onesie more often than not.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in South Florida, and I'm planning on lots of onesies. I've found a bunch that are short sleeved, and I'm just planning on keeping him out of the sun or in the shade. 

Also, as pp mentioned, definitely hit the clearance racks now. I found a ton of stuff on sale that are perfect for when LO arrives and it's warm out.
  • onesies and bring light blankets for when you go inside somewhere air conditioned.

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks, all! What you all said matches what I was thinking, and makes me feel much better about our clothing plan :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"