August 2014 Moms
Options

Exercising

I do not normally exercise ( I know horrible) I want to start doing it since I gained so much weight last time and recommendations or videos ect.???

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Exercising

• Options
    I just started yesterday and just did some minimal exercise in the bike and walked. Im.not sure of any bikes but keeping active is good!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Have you talked to your OB about this? It's not the best idea to start something if you weren't already doing it before you got pregnant.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Walking is great exercise and low impact!
    ~* FTM, BFP 11/20/13, EDD 8/3/14 *~
    ~* Married since 5/19/12 *~

• Options
    I have an appt fri I planned to ask u don't expect to get crazy not like running a marathon or anything just low impact
  • Options
    I don't *
  • Options
    Get outside and walk...I should take my own advice and get outside...but it's freaking cold out there!!!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    Def. start with walking and nothing more until you talk to you OB about your plans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I just started The Pregnancy Project by Tracey Anderson. It includes 9 DVDs, one for each month. Each month takes into account where you are in your pregnancy. I have only done month 1 so far but love it! She was pregnant at the time of filming the series and I think that makes her very in tune to what an expecting woman's exercise needs are. I bought it online and it was VERY reasonable. The only equipment you need is a mat, a set of 3lb weights and a chair....
  • Options
    im walking on the treadmill at gym 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. nothing hectic just a gentle walk but i feel so much better doing that than not doing anything at all IYKWIM.
  • Options
    I walk my dog several times a week (longer than her normal walks) and do yoga. I have a lot of yoga DVDs I rotate through, but recently bought a prenatal one that I've done several times. I really liked it.
  • Options
    Glad you posted this. I gained a lot of weight the first time too, and would love some tips. I have been working out prior to the pregnancy, but only for a short period, to be honest. I already do a ton of walking at least, but that didn't seem to help me or last time! My mom got me a yoga for pregnancy book when I was pregnant with DD. I never opened it up, but I think I will now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"