January 2014 Moms

My baby is going to be biiiiigg...

I had an appointment today (37w2d) just to check in. The OB asked how big both DH and I were at birth (I was 6 lb 4 oz and DH was 6 lb 7 oz). The OB looked up and says,

"Really?! This is DEFINITELY bigger than a 6 lb baby."

Awesome. At least we know he's healthy lol
Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
Partially Complex (my blog)

Re: My baby is going to be biiiiigg...

• it's all about getting that head out lol

January 2014 Spreadsheet
  • Yay for big babies! DH and I were both in the mid-7's and they are estimating LO to be 8-9lbs based on their estimate from our U/S at 32w. Of course, who knows how accurate that was :).
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • ShannahbeeShannahbee member
    edited December 2013
    I was under 6 lbs, but DH was almost 10! Doctor told me he thinks LO will be 'average sized'... Between 7.5 and 8.5 lbs. We'll see!!
    ETA: His estimation was not based on any scans... Just through feeling around and on his experience! Which I honestly feel like I trust more than those other weights estimates that always seem to be way off!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was almost 12lbs and 23 inches long. My mother failed to tell me until recently that I was born 2 weeks early. And this one is taking after me already :-/ And to think, initially, I didn't want any drugs! Haha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image  image
  • I was only 7.6 but DH was 10.4! Crazy!!!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • berenely said:

I was almost 12lbs and 23 inches long. My mother failed to tell me until recently that I was born 2 weeks early. And this one is taking after me already :-/ And to think, initially, I didn't want any drugs! Haha!

:-O WHAT?!!!?

That's it. I'm crossing my legs forever. Nope. DH's cousin was 10.6 and both of my nephews were just short of 9 lbs. He was measuring big at our 31 week growth scan (a little more than half a pound higher than the average). I should've known he'd be a big kid :)

This just means he gets a cute Buddha belly ;)
  • it's all about getting that head out lol
    Ummmmm, kind of. My brother was 10 lbs and they were actually THISCLOSE to having to break his collar bone. Sometimes bigger babies are bigger in their trunk than they are in their heads and delivering "the rest" isn't as simple as everything sliding out. (I REALLY DO NOT MEAN TO SCARE YOU @pennstated912) This was 25 years ago.

Also, my OB and I had almost the opposite conversation last week. I was chatting with her about how big my brother was and when she was feeling to see if LO was still head down she said "Well this is definitely not a 10lb baby." :P

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • I was 8 pounds 10 ounces and a chunk! Noah was 5 pounds 4 ounces at 33 weeks 4 days and so he was on track to be a chunk if I would have gone full term.
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• You have to consider the size of the mom as well (not her actual body size), for some reason I have seriously small lady business, so it's a good thing I have tiny babies. DS was 9 days early and weighed 5lbs 13 oz, LO according to growth scans is a week behind size wise but consistently growing. My OB said nothing to worry about I just make tiny babies. Now when I had DS I tore and had to get stitched back up, my sis and bf both had 3 babies between 7-8 lbs and neither tore. I get really frustrated when people say oh your baby was so little that must have been a cake walk. HE RIPPED MY SHIT OPEN, NO IT WAS NOT EASY!! So to you ladies having normal to big babies it depends on your body too so if you are made for having babies, it may not be that bad:) Try not to stress about it just yet, bc you probably won't know until your pushing.
  • Meh...I've done the 10-pound, huge head baby. And because of that, all the others seemed so easy by comparison.

My OB did not deliver my 1st, but did my other 2. I've been thinking this one feels bigger than DD (7lb 5oz) but smaller than the boys (10lb 0.5oz and 9lb 6oz). She agrees, and thinks this one will be in the 8lb range. So I may deliver babies that are 7, 8, 9, and 10 pounds.

The "funny" thing is that none of my husband's brothers, or him, or me or my sister was over 8lb 8oz.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• I'm on track to push a 9 pounder out... yikes!
  • As of my 40 week ultrasound today, my little guy is measuring 9 pounds 7 ounces. I know that ultrasounds can be off, but looks like I'm going to be having a big boy with a large head as well

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image imageimage

• I was 6lb 4oz (3 1/2 weeks early) and DH was 9lb something (a few days late).  At my appt yesterday our midwife felt around and her guess was for somewhere in the middle as of right now, so if LO goes to 40 weeks we could have a good sized baby!!  I'm just hoping for healthy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image

• Well, I was 11 lbs and DH was 10.  I don't give much weight to the estimates though (pun intended)   or thinking that will mean anything for this baby. I am fully expecting a big baby and we will see how big he is once he is here. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• As long as he's healthy, I'm happy. :) I'm becoming impatient in meeting him now. It's just crazy for me to think that he could be so big already.
  • @pennstated912 I always said DD1 had a little Buddha belly! That is exactly what it looks like when they have a little chunk:) DD2 has like no meat on her bones, I feel like I'm going to break her! Sadly they were only a pound different at birth but DD2 isn't really gaining weight yet, maybe she'll catch up and get her own little Buddha belly:)

• My friend had a 5lb and an 8lb, my friend is tiny tiny tiny. She actually found the 8lb easier, but that could be because it was her second and she was better prepared mentally.
  • I recently learned that my tiny little Chinese mother in law (5'1" and fine-boned) produced three impressively large babies, from 8 pounds to 9 pounds 11.  Of course, she has diabetes now, so I imagine her blood sugar was a bit high while she was carrying them.

My family only makes little babies, though.  Which is weird, given that as adults, my relatives are so much taller than his!
  • Fat babies for all!!! We both were 8. I feel like LO will be smaller but I do have a month to go...

married 3/3/12----- Alanson Kavi born 1/15/14

• At my 36 week ultrasound, my baby boy was already 6 pounds 15 ounces!!! They say he will only be 8.5 pounds...but we will see lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage

Natural M/C at 7 weeks 9.17.08 Natural M/C at 7 weeks 2.1.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"