June 2013 Moms

What are your NYE/NYD Traditions/Superstitions?

Post them here!

I grew up eating black eyed peas for good luck and collar greens for good fortune ($$$) on New Years day. I still try to do this every year. Last night I made hoppin john, a dish that has both.

(not my pic)
~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are your NYE/NYD Traditions/Superstitions?

• Exact same thing Lioness!
  • For the last 4 years we've spent NYE with the couple who introduced us. I also grew up eating black eyes peas every New Year's Day.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 13 grapes at midnight. Throw out a bucket of water. The way you spend the first day of the new year is how your whole year will go (this never bodes well). Noodles for a meal on New Year's Day. I think that's it
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • We do black eyed peas for good luck and cabbage for good health. Pretty similar. Now that we have LO our new tradition will having champagne at home for NYE. I've become a paranoid momma
  • We usually go to a watchnight service at church so we are typically praying/singing the new year in. This year with the baby it is to cold to wait on line to get into the church so we will so the same thing buy at home. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Only traditions we have is drinking our favorite sparkling wine at midnight- Martini & Rossi Asti. We've been doing it since we were a couple, and had it as our toasting champagne at our wedding. 

image image
    imageimage
  • I'm working this year. But my tradition in the past have been Steak (at my moms, liver at hubs moms) collard and black eye peas.
    I'm hoping to get a chance to cook.
  • We always due Pork chops, cabbage and black eyes peas. Usually my mom makes it and we go to her house but this year she has the flu so I'm cooking it for the first time. Hopefully I'll have good luck this year!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• We always have pork, sauerkraut, and kielbasa. We would always go over to my Grandma's house for New Year's Day and have that for "good luck."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"