October 2013 Moms

What are you eating tonight?

Apparently we're having people over tonight. I have no clue what to make. Anyone making anything yummy? Bonus points for recipes. Double bonus points if they are healthy.

DD1 | Jan 2009
DD2 | June 2011
DS1 | Oct 2013
   ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
DS2 | June 2016
DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What are you eating tonight?

• acethebaseacethebase member
    edited December 2013
    Sorry not healthy but Stromboli, I guess you could substitute with low-fat ingredients....

https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/23123/stromboli

ETA: I found a low calorie recipe for it:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/97728-yummm-easy-low-calorie-stromboli
  • Loading the player...
  • Garlic cheese dip:
    1:1 Old English sharp cheddar cheese to 1 brick of cream cheese and garlic powder yo taste. Microwave for 7-8 minutes stir half way and again at the end. Serve with bagels or pretzels or whatever. ( depending on the size of the party, I generally use 2 jars and 2 bricks)

Salsa and chips, veggie tray
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry not healthy but Stromboli, I guess you could substitute with low-fat ingredients....

https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/23123/stromboli

I loooove Stromboli.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • JLW0504 said:

Garlic cheese dip:
    1:1 Old English sharp cheddar cheese to 1 brick of cream cheese and garlic powder yo taste. Microwave for 7-8 minutes stir half way and again at the end. Serve with bagels or pretzels or whatever. ( depending on the size of the party, I generally use 2 jars and 2 bricks)

Salsa and chips, veggie tray

I have a really good recipe for that cheese for an appetizer we call Tuna Cheesies. We make them for every family gathering and we are addicted to them. The cheese is hard to find so I always buy it in bulk lol.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Yum this all sounds delish. Is the old English cheese a yellow cheese?

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • chuicafinachuicafina member
    edited December 2013
    Boeuf Bourgignon, but with more carrots and mushrooms, less beef. And I'll probably put in some potatoes too. Serve with rice (or for the paleos, it's a complete dish without the rice!)

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • edited December 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love that cheese on triscuits! Thought I was the only odd one that ate it. :)
  • It's like a processed cheese.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • We are going to a small family friendly gathering... It is an appetizer and crock pot bonanza. We are bringing a veg dip tray and these:

Cut a baguette into small Crostinis. Spread a store bought pesto on the bread. Put a half of a small mozzarella ball on each, then top with a small piece if prosciutto or bacon. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. Delish!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Shrimp, meatballs and little smokies, meat, cheese, fruit and veggie trays, pigs in a blanket, sausage balls, chips and dip, potato salad, macaroni salad, deviled eggs and Mac n cheese.

imageimage
  • Slow roasted pork shoulder, rice and beans, rice and pigeon peas, Dominican potatoe salad, garden salad, baked chicken, pastelitos, stewed chicken and a special bread called "telera" only sold around the holidays. I should mention New Years is big holiday for us so we make a huge meal and celebrate with family.
  • Stir fry! It's from a bag not even homemade. Tomorrow night however I am making beef tips and rice.
  • Homemade pizza. It's after 7 PM here already and we already ate. Delicious!

• We always do a slew of appetizers for new years, but its not particularly healthy: bacon wraped water chestnuts, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, pork wrapped scallions, and mini hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls.

If you are looking for healthy, there is a great website called danicasdaily.com. the creator is obsessed with weight watchers and has created wonderful recipes that are easy to follow and really tasty. She also calculates out all the points. So far I have made the leek and sweet potato soup (2ce!!), pumpkin pancakes, slow cooker pulled pork nachos, homemade pumpkin butter, and the ham and pineapple fried rice. I have not been disappointed yet and there are tons of recipes to sort through!
  • Potluck at neighbors house for kid friendly nye.. I'm bringing fried rice.

• Ycu2013Ycu2013 member
    edited December 2013
    My fucking $100.00 prime rib that I better not f-up. Yorkshire pudding, creamed spinach and duchess potatoes and since it's my Moms fave and I haven't made them in a couple years...scones and some other kind of dessert.

Ohh and stuffed dates...one of our new faves'
  • Sushi and Champagne over here
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Take out Thai for us :-) 
  • German sausage, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes, a New Years tradition in my family. #ohyummyicantwait

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Hubby is in the kitchen chopping ingredients for chicken vino bianco, which is an Olive Garden recipe that he's perfected, and improved, I'd like to say. It's so delicious, but takes awhile to prep and make so it's more of a "special occasion" kind of dinner.

My parents will come over after they go to a movie with friends and well just hang and watch the ISU game...we're party animals. ;)

Happy New Year everyone!!

https://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-vino-bianco-156506
  • Now I'm starving!!!
    imageimage
  • I don't know if I can wait till bed time for fondue!!!!!!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I have a sick baby and sick DH...
    Running over to the grocery for a cheese ball and some shrimp. Maybe I'll have my first few sips of wine tonight in pajamas, nursing my sick boys back to health?
  • We're having dry rubbed NY strip steaks with garlic smashed potatoes, mushrooms and asparagus!
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Steak here too ....
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• I was all pumped to do bacon wrapped asparagus and baked Brie and shrimp cocktail... But since LO and I got about 2 hours sleep last night and a small nap; Papa Murphy's it is! :)
  • I'm hungry after reading all this. I ended up making cowboy caviar, a salasa thing, home made chips, sweet meat balls in the crock pot, and baked apples. Our friends made venison steak tips. Yum!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"