Trouble TTC

Intro (Loss Mentioned)

Hi, I have been lurking for awhile and wanted to officially introduce myself. My DH is 28, and I just turned 25. We have been actively trying to conceive for about 2 years, and a few years before that not trying to prevent pregnancy ("if it happened it happened", but hoping it would happen). I went to see a gyno about 6 months ago. I always had af once monthly, but began to get it every 2 weeks. She said I was not ovulating and started me of clomid. I did get pregnant on my 2nd round, but suffered a loss at about 5.5 weeks. It was hard, and still is. We decided not to take a break, and have continued using clomid. My gyno said she will not refer us to an re (we need a referral due to my insurance) unless I have two mc, or until my next round of clomid is not successful. I am going to ask her my next visit to refer me as soon as possible. I recently got laid off from work, which was hard as well. However, now I have the time to go to appts. and really focus. I have learned a lot from this board, and realize I need to take control of my infertility and see an re who can help me make proper decisions. I plan to be more active on this board and appreciate all of the help you have given me!

**Loss Mentioned

Me: 25, DH: 28
TTC about 3 years
DX: Anovulation
Completed 5 rounds of clomid with OBGYN. 2nd round ended in mc at 5.5 weeks

First RE Apt. 1/21/14

Started First Gonal F/Ovidrel/IUI cycle 4/24/14

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

Re: Intro (Loss Mentioned)

• I'm sorry about your loss. I'm a newbie here too, welcome :)
    I had problems with my initial GYN taking my health and (in)fertility seriously. I found a new GYN/Midwife who was supportive and aggressive with treatments. I did 2 cycles on Clomid there, and when that didn't work, she sent me to the RE. If you don't get the referral from your GYN, are you able to go to someone else for a second opinion with your insurance? When I told my Midwife about the problems I had with my past GYN, she said to never go back there! Good luck! 
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you! Yes, depending on her response when I see her for my next visit, I may go to someone else. I really don't know how she could deny it, it is obvious there is something going on beyond her expertise. Fingers crossed :)

**Loss Mentioned

TTC about 3 years

First RE Apt. 1/21/14

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board. Sorry for your loss. I second trying to get a referral from a different doctor. You've been actively trying for 2 years, that should be more than enough for you to be able to see an RE. Also, is your OB monitoring your Clomid cycles? If not, please request that she does. It can have harmful side effects if not closely watched by someone who knows what they're doing. Good luck to you!

TTC since 4/2012
    Started testing 5/2013: all clear, official diagnosis is "unexplained infertility"
    7/2013: first round of Clomid + TI
    8/2013: more bloodwork, low progesterone, low estradiol
    9,10,11,12/2013: TI + hcg injections 3,5,7,9DPO
    1/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + TI
    2/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + TI, natural cycle due to cyst
    3/2014: Clomid + hcg trigger + IUI #1
    4/2014: hcg trigger + IUI #1.2
    5,6/2014: on a mental/emotional health break
    7/2014: hcg trigger + IUI #1.3
    8/2014: first succesful IUI! (but no bfp)
    9/2014: IUI #2
    10/2014: hcg + IUI #3
    11/2014: SHG (fibroid not an issue)
    12/2014: Clomid + hcg + IUI #4
    1/2015: Clomid + hcg + Estrace + IUI #5

• Hi, I'm sorry you're having trouble and for your loss.  Could you schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor to explain the situation and ask for a referral?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Welcome to 3t @tariust16 & @wa1215 , there's a huge wealth of knowledge here for you ladies, I agree with pp, an RE us the way to go. .hope your stay is short :-D

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
  • She has been doing minimal monitoring. For my first 2 cycles she monitored me rather well, checked for cysts, did bw on cycle day 3. Then again after I ovulated. Each time I start a new cycle she checks me for cysts. However, she has not done bloodwork lately. The first cycle on clomid at 50mg I had a weak ovulation, she then put me on 100 mg and did bloodwork again. Since then she does not really do bloodwork because she thinks that is my "dose" now. However, I realize from this board that just because I ovulate on one dose does not mean that I will ovulate again at that dose. I am not happy with her monitoring and know I need to leave. 
    @rox825, I did not think about doing that. That is actually a very good idea. Thank you for that advice!

**Loss Mentioned

TTC about 3 years

First RE Apt. 1/21/14

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I heard awhile back someone say "REs make babies, and OBGYNs catch babies" . . I ovulated on 50mg of clomid following a provera cycle, but did not ovulate on 100mg following my natural cycle brought on by my 50mg ovulation, does. That make sense? @tariust16 you do t necessarily need an RE, if you just wanna look around for another obgyn that would be a great idea too. Good luck! :)

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"