Cloth Diapering

another selling question

I remember in a previous thread someone saying they price/buy CDs 50-75% of the new price. Do you base that on the price you would find on places like KC/Amazon (not on sale), or the lowest sale price you know you could find (granted, if you were patient and could wait for a sale)?

Re: another selling question

• It depends on what is being sold.

If it were a pocket, all in one, or cover, I'd go for 50% of the normal price.

If it were a prefold, fitted, or flat, I'd say 75%. In general they hold up a lot better. And you usually don't find them on sale for a huge reduction.
  • I think I would base the discount off the market price, excluding sales. I purchased most of my stash full price because sales often seemed to miss what I wanted. Or for example, when Best Bottoms are 10% off- what's that, $1.70 off before tax (and possibly shipping)? Pretty negligible in the end. I say it's too complicated to factor in potential sale prices, especially if you plan to allow for bartering at all.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks. What if you are selling something brand new in packaging/with tags still?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"