February 2014 Moms

STMs with later growth u/s experience - a Q

We've got an ultrasound today (33w2d) to check on the bean and see how he or she is growing due to the fact that I have gestational diabetes and because my belly is measuring on track but my weight gain isn't and both Mister D and I were long babies but very lean babies.

So - Q1: if you had a later term u/s and they predicted your LO's birth weight/size with it - how accurate was it?

Q2: if you had similar issues or FTMs if you have similar issues, are you having more u/s before LO's arrival? If so how often?

We were doing fine with thinking our anatomy scan was the last time we'd see LO before their arrival - so it's strange now to think that we'll see them again this afternoon. We were enjoying wondering who's in there.

Thanks!

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
TTC #1 since 1/10
DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!

Re: STMs with later growth u/s experience - a Q

• I had a couple of growth u/s with DS because I was measuring pretty far ahead. For me, the u/s was actually very accurate. I'd had one just a couple of days before I ended up being induced for pre-e. They estimated he was 8lb 6oz, and he ended up being 8lb 7oz at birth. I know that is not the norm, though.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first, I had one the day he was born (had been admitted for low heartrate/reduced fetal movement).  I had GD too.  I was 37 weeks and maybe a couple days?  So full term but still early.  U/S said he would be over 8 lbs.  Not even close.  He was 6 lb 15 oz.  He was pretty long- 95% so I think that's what threw off the measurements.  We just have tall/skinny babies :-)  I had one yesterday at 33 weeks 2 days again for irregular heartrate/reduced fetal movement) and this time they estimated 5 lbs which is definitely in the "normal" range for this age but I'm betting she's closer to 4 lbs just based on past experience with DS.  

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a FTM, but am having growth u/s for GD, too. My belly has been measuring big throughout the pregnancy, and my weight has been decent. (Up until my GD diagnosis I gained about 15lb, since, I've dropped about 5lb). My latest u/s was this morning, and the perinatologist said that baby's head is measuring slightly big, as is her belly. But, her legs are short. She didn't give me an overall weight estimate, but said it looked perfectly normal, and might be a little skewed based on the slightly off of 'average' measurements. I'm 35w tomorrow.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Following this thread because I have a growth ultrasound on Thursday :)  Baby has been on the same growth curve at every u/s, but I'm AMA, so the doctors scheduled it.

DD1 and DD2 were exactly the same gestational age and birth weight (40wks 3days, 8lbs 1oz), so it will be interesting to see if this baby is different.
  • My daughter measured ahead starting at the anatomy scan with my last pregnancy. I didn't have GD. I had growth scans at 32 weeks and 36 weeks, and she continued to measure a few weeks ahead. Also her stomach was in a much higher percentile than her head, so my OB discussed the scary possibility of shoulder dystocia. They predicted she'd be 10 pounds on her due date. I went into labor naturally on her due date and she was 8 lbs 9 oz. We had a relatively easy med-free birth and I only needed one stitch. This baby is measuring similarly large but I'm not putting much stock in the predictions. I'm actually really hoping for a big baby because of the heart defects - it is easier to operate on a bigger baby and we hopefully can be less concerned if he doesn't gain weight quickly after birth, which can be an issue for heart babies.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • The margin of error on growth ultrasounds is +/- 2.2lbs (or 1kg). The larger the baby, the more difficult it is to get accurate measurements.
    For the first time in any of my pregnancies, the practice I am going to requests an ultrasound at 36 weeks. While I'm not going to really hold much stock in it, I'm interested in what it will show because both my DD were the exact same birth weight.
  • Mine with DD was pretty accurate - 8 lbs 2 oz prediction, born two days later at 8 lbs 4 oz!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• I've had GD with all my pregnancies. With DS they estimated him to be around 8 lbs, 10 oz and he was 9 lbs, 8 oz. With DD they estimated her to be around 9 lbs, 1 oz and she was 8 lbs, 3 oz.

I had a growth u/s at 32 weeks and she is currently measuring about average, 57 percentile, 4.5 lbs. I'll have another growth u/s at 36 weeks.
    imageimageimageimage
  • I had an u/s with my twins at 34w4d and baby a was 4lbs 10 oz and baby b was 5lbs 8oz. They were born 3 days later at 5lbs 1oz and 5lbs 10oz so very close!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"