Parenting
Options

Resolutions for the new year

What are yours?

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: Resolutions for the new year

• Options
    Excercise and lose my baby weight...starting Thursday. I've been eating like crap and will probably continue to do so today and tomorrow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thisisbrea I'm hoping to do an event in the TC this summer. We should run together.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Start running again in the spring when we can take kiddo in the stroller
    Fix up stuff around the house
    Buy new clothes to look less frumpy
    Worry less *** this will be hard
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Mine are to go to the gym more and to get a new job.
  • Options
    I would love to worry less, but I don't see it happening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options

Mine is to get back into reading, which I ordered my nook on amazon yesterday and can't wait till it gets here. I also want to exercise starting in the summer but I dont think DS will be big enough for a jogger yet. And get the office unpacked and straightened up.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Focus a little more on me so I can be better for myself as well as everyone else.

2. Read more.

3.  Do atleast half of the 27 5k's my town does throughout the year.

4. Pay off annoying little debts here and there.

5. Start the 52 week money saving plan thats floating around Facebook.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'd like to lose 20 pounds by the time we go to Disney World in October. It would make all the walking a heck of a lot easier. That's plenty of time to lose that much weight, but it's going to be harder to adjust to life with a baby and trying to work out when I go back to work from maternity leave on Monday.

DH and I are hoping to buy a house by the summertime, so I would like to start saving more than we already have, and to stop buying stuff we don't need. Eat out less too.

I'd also like to find a new job. I've been in my current role for there years (received a promotion two years ago, still mostly the same duties). I'm ready for something new and different.

• Options
    More "ME" time. More playtime. To be a better, healthier and happier mother.

And then all that crap about eating less and exercising more.
  • Options
    Littledeer84Littledeer84 member
    edited December 2013
    get in shape...doing this with h. Save money, start paying with cash whenever possible. I also want to improve my everyday appearance...see a dermatologist about my acne scars.

eta. Get pregnant... might be a long shot though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Get my pre-baby body back. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I was much more comfortable in my own skin. Continue to work on my marriage and hopefully reach a point where I feel more relaxed and secure. Read more is a good one. I used to read nonstop. I blame a short attention spam and the bump for getting me off track this year. Maybe I'll fill up the kindle later
    image image
  • Options
    Keep my car clean!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I never make this resolution - but the cliché - drop some weight and hopefully get in shape to run the NYC Marathon in November 2014 - I am tired of paying to keep my spot and then having to cancel - which I have been doing since 2010 after running it in 2009. 

Two pregnancies keep you out of the marathon game - though I realize that is not a very good excuse....

DD#1 born 9/29/2010; DD#2 born 2/25/2013

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I would love to get some muscle tone back, I'm not even concerned so much with the weight loss, I just feel so flabby (aside from my arms, kid is heavy!) 

I'd also like to commit to more dates with H, and even take a mini-trip with just the 2 of us. I think this past year has been so focused on P, that it's time to focus on us again too. 

Also, save more. This should be helped by the fact that I can now go 4 days without washing diapers and not run out. They're just so damn cute though! 
    image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My resolution is to be happier with where I'm at in my life. I want to stop comparing what I pictured for myself & where I'm actually at. I need to just be content with what I do have. Because all in all, I do have a great life with a wonderful DD. And I need to just start focusing more on the positives.
  • Options
    ReeseFox said:

5. Start the 52 week money saving plan thats floating around Facebook.

Oh I want to do this too! I pinned it last year and then never did it.

It would be better financially if you did it from the outside in, if that makes sense. That way next Dec you aren't putting away $49, $50, $51, and $52 each week right at Christmastime. Week 1-$1. Week 2-$52. Week 3-$2. Week 4-$51 etc.

Or set up your bank account to transfer $25 from checking to savings each week. ($50 every other week, or $100 each month) You'd save almost as much without worrying about it interfering with bills.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

1. Get DH to go in for his vasectomy

2. Get my body back

3.Get DS to sleep through the night

4. See friends more

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    These are more goals than resolutions but I will have to be resolute in my path to getting there so here goes:

1) Dave Ramsey budget all year long
    2) Run my first half marathon
    3) Pass boards
    4) Less technology, more hands on parenting
    5) For the first time ever, see life as a journey and not as a destination (I am finishing school in June- have been in school constantly for the past 24 years of my life so this will be a big change for me)
  • Options
    Like every year, I would like to lose the baby weight. I've been working out for 3 weeks now so at least I'm trying. I would also like to pay off more debt and build up savings. We would like to sell our townhouse and get a single family home but that will not happen until we have more money we can pay per month (hence the paying off debt).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. Drink more water.

2. Tone up my arms more.

3. Find more techniques to maintain my anxiety.

4. Be more active in my community.

imageimage
  • Options
    Run a half marathon in May
    Eat better!
    Be nicer to DH
    Have more patience in general

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    Cleaner, more mindful eating (eating bc im hungry, not bc im just bored...and being more aware of my portions and stopping when I'm full, not overstuffed).

Commit to working out at least 4 (if not 5) days a week.

Be a more patient person (in all aspects of my life).

Focus on more structured play/learning time with DS and more quality family outing with both DH and DS.

Make monthly date nights with DH a priority.

Get a PT job that I enjoy.

Hopefully be in a good enough place this summer (financially, physically, emotionally, etc) to TTC baby#2.

Ok...so I guess this turned into 2014 goals for me. Haha oops. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me!
  • Options
    Not to give any fucks. Oh, wait, that was last years. Looks like I'm ahead of the game.
  • Options
    1-Working on my debt, lowering my bills (I don't need to buy something every time I go somewhere, practicing browsing skills).

2-Working on my marriage, better communication....

3-Finding a hobby or something that doesn't involve my kids, just me!

4-Consistent exercise and a healthier diet, maybe loosing some pounds.

5-Somehow, someway finding the means to finish some much needed, cheap remodeling in my home. 
  • Options

Not to give any fucks. Oh, wait, that was last years. Looks like I'm ahead of the game.

This is a big one for me too. I think sometimes I really just need to not give a fuck what other people may think and just do what I feel is best for me and/or my family. Fuck the haters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"