Trouble TTC

Advice? TTC 16mnths, Newbie

Hi Ladies, this is my first time using a blog so bear with me. I'm looking for advice. Here's the deal... DH is 40, 41 in April. I'm 28. We have been TTC since Aug 2012. No luck. I've only ovulated 6 out of 15 months, this month is the first time in 4mnths that I've ovulated. Tried supplements, diet change, neither of us are overweight, we are both very active, but have been most of our lives so that shouldn't be an issue. I finally sought help, 3mnths ago. Progesterone levels were in the basement. Doc put me on 50mg of clomid days 5-10. No change. Doc actually asked me if I had taken the clomid there was so little change. We waited a month and he upped the dose to 100mg days 3-8. CD14 OPK+. CD16 stronger OPK+. CD18 OPK-. BD days 11,12,14,16,18, 20. I'm assuming I ovulated on CD17. DPO 3,4,5: PM bloat and abdominal pain, no gas DPO 5 I slipped on the ice on my stairs and bounced on my butt down 5 steps. 5 days later the bruise still looks awful. I'm hoping this fall didn't mess anything up with our chances of a BFP. DPO 6 tired, gassy, nausea around 3pm DPO 7 up at 12a with nausea for about an hour or two, peed at 12a & 3a, tossed and turned the rest of the night DPO 8 up at 12a,peed at 12a & 4a bad PM gas, nausea halfway through dinner DPO 9 up at 1a, peed at 1a & 5a, light/mild cramps on left side all day, slightly constipated, BFN w/FMU DPO 10 up at 11:30p but fell back to sleep, up again at 3a, peed at 3a, never really fell back to sleep, another BFN at 6a, had a BBT shift up .4 but I have really only been tracking my temp for the last 6days due to frustration and trying to relax about TTC. I have never been pregnant before. My cycle is normally 28-30 days long. The month before the first round of clomid my cycle dropped to 26 days and was the same for the first cycle on clomid. The cycle in between treatments was a normal 29. I'm on CD 27 now. So at this point I'm either going to see AF any time now, or I'm going to finally get my BFP. Has anyone else had anything similar??

Re: Advice? TTC 16mnths, Newbie

• Kam10Kam10 member
    edited December 2013
    Welcome.
    When you say doctor, are you talking about your OB, or are you working with an RE? It sounds like you are not being properly monitored, so I'm assuming OB. You should really be working with an RE.
    While on Clomid, your cycle can be different from your normal. You should be having regular ultrasounds to make sure you are: a. producing a follicle, b. you aren't producing too many follicles, c. you know when and if you've ovulated (your temp while on clomid can be wonky),    d. you know if you've developed cysts and many more reasons. I'm sure others will chime in as well with additional reasons, but being monitored is so important for not only the present, but for the future of your fertility.
    Has your husband had an SA? 
    All of the symptoms you are describing could be caused by a pregnancy, they are also identical to PMS symptoms.
    Hopefully others will be able to give you additional advice as well. I'm fairly new to the whole process myself, and I wish you luck in your journey.
    Edited to add that you should really read through the newbie blog at the top of the page. There is a ton of information there that will answer a lot of questions for you.

*****Siggy Warning*****

Toby        image

Me:28 DH:28
    TTC #1 since Nov '12
    DX: Non-IR PCOS & Hypothyroidism 
    BFP: 11/7/13 EDD: 7/18/14 Ectopic Tubal Surgery 12/18 
    2/5 HSG all clear!
    Femara 5mg + Trigger + IUI #1- 5 = BFN
    IVF #1 - 17R 15M 11F - Transferred 1 beautiful hatching blast on 9/26    4 Frosties
    Beta (10dp5dt) = 166  Beta #2 (12dp5dt) = 284  Beta #3 (14dp5dt) = 471  Beta #4 (18dp5dt) = 2032
    EDD: 6/14/15
    ~All are welcome~

BabyFruit Ticker

• sorry you are here... but like pp said please read the newbie link.... and see an RE who will properly monitor you and do proper testing.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Clomid can extend your cycles tremendously, it's also possible to never even ovulate that cycle, even though you got positive OPK, those can be positive all the time, and mean nothing. Are you being monitored with clomid, like labwoork, or ultra sounds? @theeternalgypsy feel free to message me

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
  • Im working with an OB right now. 75% of the symptoms Im having are either new or over exagerated pms symtoms. Yes dh has had an sa, it came back with abnormal morphology. We are waiting for him to have another one since you need to have at least two to verify any issues. I was on clomid for 5 days each time. Sorry for the confusion. Ill look into seeing an RE, my insurance only covers half of all fertility related procedures and being not made of money Ill have to b careful. And as far as monitoring goes for clomid the only monitoring done has been progesterone checks. Ill look into an re. Thanks everyone
  • most of the time RE stuff is deemed IF even if its the same tests that your OB does. have you had an HSG?

• No I havent had an HSG yet, only the clomid and progesterone checks, and charting and trying for long enough that we may take a break for a while
  • edited December 2013
    I was just wondering if anyone had experienced a similar situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"