April 2014 Moms
Options

Bigger Baby Carrier for DH

I got the Baby Bjorn original carrier... my DH is the one who really really wants a carrier. Anyway, tried it on him and even with it expanded to it's fullest it is tight on him. He bodybuilds and has large back/chest/arms. Is there a larger cut carrier that anyone knows of? Or does the baby bjorn come with extenders?
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: Bigger Baby Carrier for DH

• Options
    Ergo has extenders.
    Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've read that the Boba 3G is good for taller or plus size parents. I haven't purchased it yet, but I plan to try it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the bjorn active it is the only one that fits DH, but his is more a height issue at 6'6" the ergo does not fit him well, but I love it for me.
  • Options
    Hi- We have the same issue, i can't wait to see other replies.

For DS, i just carried him all the time, DH is 6'6 and solid. I have an extender but couldn't get him to try it.

I was looking at the Beco this time, i wonder if anyone has experience with that.

For me, the Bjorn hurt my back after DS got a little bigger (which took, like, a week ;)).

• Options
    porterlove525porterlove525 member
    edited December 2013
    We are getting the Beco Gemini since both DH and I are tall and long torso-ed. It has great reviews and is a similar fit to the Ergo in terms of comfort, putting on, etc., but bigger and doesn't require the infant insert.

The Beco, Ergo and Boba are all known to comfortably carry kids to 40/45 lbs too, which is a big plus and all are ergonomically correct for baby.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I am making dh a camo ring sling at his request, sized to fit him.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are getting the Beco Gemini since both DH and I are tall and long torso-ed. It has great reviews and is a similar fit to the Ergo in terms of comfort, putting on, etc., but bigger and doesn't require the infant insert. The Beco, Ergo and Boba are all known to comfortably carry kids to 40/45 lbs too, which is a big plus and all are ergonomically correct for baby.
    The beco is also one of the few that are rated for forward facing! This is the one we plan to get, even though DH and I don't have to worry about size haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"