January 2014 Moms

Update on me and Baby Cow (short birth story)

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA, but at Sarahlisa told you, I had the baby on Friday. It was a whirlwind couple of days. We celebrated Christmas and then I woke up on the 26th with some contractions. Since I was a RCS scheduled for 12/30, I wasn't sure what protocol was for having contractions and when I should go to the hospital. DH, DD, and I went to the hospital around 7 am to get checked out and I was at 1 cm. They kept me for an hour and since I didn't progress anymore on my own, I had to be released. Insurance won't pay for "elective" C-sections before 39 weeks unless the mom is making progress herself. I was 38w4d. I went home and rested, DH took DD to daycare and he went back to work. I cleaned up a little bit, but basically did nothing except contract all day. My directions were to come back when they were 3-5 minutes apart and lasting for 45-60 seconds, or increasing in intensity. Around 8:30 they were 75 seconds in length, but still 10ish minutes apart. However they were INTENSE. Some were making me cry. I called the hospital and they said to come in. We woke DD, took her to our neighbor's house, and arrived at the hospital around 11pm. They checked me and I was 2-3 cms, so they could admit me. I was in good spirits, but the catheter hurt like nobody's business. I began crying, and then got hysterical over all the things that I couldn't do because I had planned to do over the weekend. I had to cancel the date DD and I had for Saturday to get our nails done. The nursery wasn't completed, The house wasn't clean. This was not the plan!

The nurse said I could expect to deliver by 3-4 am, but she could see I was going crazy and they rushed through things to make it happen sooner. I had my spinal placed and screamed several times that this was not a tubal also. We are almost certainly done, but not certain enough to make a permanent decision. DH and I took final guesses. He guessed boy and smaller than DD (9 pounds 4 ounces). I guessed girl and around DD's size. To remember, Baby Cow was estimated at 9 and a half pounds at 36w3d. His head came out first and he was crying immediately. Then they tugged the rest of his body and it was a boy! They were all amazed at his size. One nurse took a guess at over 10 pounds. He was peeing everywhere from the second he hit the air. His official stats are 9 pounds 9 ounces, 22 inches long, and born at 1:30 am on December 27th. He nursed right away for an hour.

We aren't really sharing pictures in this format because of all the lurkers. He has dark hair, long fingers and toes, and the hairiest back and legs you have ever seen. I didn't even know it was possible for newborns to be covered in that much hair. I was secretly wishing he would have blue eyes like my DD (it's a recessive gene), but his eyes look pretty dark at this point so I think they will be brown. He is just so squishy and darling. When he cries he sounds like a teapot coming to boil.

My recovery has been a billion times easier than with DD. I don't know if I was more mentally prepared for a C-section, or because I didn't labor for 21 hours and push for another 3 this time, or what was the reason, but I feel so much more functional than afterward with her. Max loves his RNP sleeper. I was so worried about DD because she was so uninterested in the baby during pregnancy, but holy hell is she ever smitten with her brother. If you are about to become a second time mom, I would say not to stress about your older child's reaction yet because they may surprise you entirely. I am going to try and catch up over the next few days and then be back to posting soon. By a brief view, it looks like A LOT of us had babies recently and I can't wait to see them all and hear about them all.

Thank you for all your kind words and well wishes. You guys are the best!

Re: Update on me and Baby Cow (short birth story)

• Thanks so much for the update! Happy things went smoothly and you and baby cow are doing great!! Happy new Year mama!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @sugarland726. I am soooo glad things were easier this time around :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for sharing's Max's birth story!! You are also sorely missed around here!! Hopefully, we will see you around here soon :) Congrats again!! ::hugs::

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Congrats on your new bundle and glad the recovery is easier this time around :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimage

• So happy that you are already recovering so well! Welcome, again Baby Cow! I'm sorry the first part of your labor was so miserable but it sounds like everything was so worth it! Definitely miss you around here! Congrats to big sis and to your whole family!! :D

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Congratulations!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great birth story!  So happy to hear you both are doing well.  Also it makes me happy to hear how well your daughter is doing with him - I have to admit I am more afraid of how DS will do with a new LO than the process of giving birth again!

• I'm so happy that things went better this time. He sounds adorable. Congrats!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Yay! Baby cow!! Hoyt and BC are almost birth date buddies.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Congrats!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

J14's January Signature Challenge: Favorite Post-Delivery Indulgence

Our little Princess is due 1.29.14
  • I'm so glad you are having an easier recovery this time around and that DD adores her new little brother. Congrats!!!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Congratulations Sugarland! By your description, Max sounds like an adorable boy! I love how you described his cry too. I made a pouty lip and said "awww" when I read it.

Hope all keeps going so well with your recovery and big sister's interactions with her new baby brother. Congrats again!
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Congrats! So glad DD surprised you :)
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the info about your dd. I've been really worried so that gives me hope :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• So glad DD is in love with her brother, that melts my heart!  I hope you are doing well!  I am thinking about you!

Quinn had such a hairy little back as a newborn, it took me by surprise at first!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Lovelovelovelovelove this update! :)

I'm so glad things went well for you, and I'm glad your recovery's been better than expected, and that your DD is smitten with her baby brother! How sweet!

We misssss yooooooou. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!!

• I had a great time reading your story, sugar. Congrats on baby Max and keep the updates coming!
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Love the update and birth story <3

imageimage

• So glad to hear everything went well!  Just curious if his kidney issue was resolved?  Hopefully everything turned out to be fine with that also!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Thanks for sharing @sugarland726! I love the birth story and update! Hope you and Max continue to do well!

I've missed you and CONGRATS!!

• Congrats on baby Max! Love this story!
  • Congratulations!!
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• Thanks for sharing your story @sugarland726 and glad to hear everything went fairly smooth except for Max's differing opinion on his arrival!  Also so happy to hear his older sis is in love with him :D Take care of yourself and look forward to hearing more updates about Baby Cow!
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• Squee! Sguar I'm so happy for you :) I'm glad you both are doing great and he sounds adorable!

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• I'm glad it was a good experience and you have your precious little boy there with you.  What a blessing.  Congrats!

January 2014 Spreadsheet
  • He was peeing everywhere from the second he hit the air.
    Too freaking funny. I am so happy for you. Congrats, lady! And I love love love the name Max. :)
  • Congratulations! He sounds like a cutie!
  • So happy for you! Congrats!
  • Glad to hear everything is going well. Congratulations!!!
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • What an awesome update, I loved reading it.  I'm so happy for you and your family! :)
  • So glad you had a better experience than last time! Congrats on your boy, he sounds adorable!!

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Congratulations!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and loved reading the birth story.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats!!
    Alexis 9.1.06 * Jaxson 3.17.08 * Tessa 2.8.14

• so glad it all went well and that recovery has been easier this time.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • So glad to hear everything went well!  Just curious if his kidney issue was resolved?  Hopefully everything turned out to be fine with that also!

@SunflowersBride, we won't have an answer to that until we see a urologist in about a month. They do typically resolve at birth, but not always. If not then we'll keep seeing a urologist periodically.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"