Cloth Diapering
Options

CD picture request!

I might want to buy some fitteds. I'm hesitant because Logan is very slim and I don't want to waste money on diapers that don't fit or are bulky.

Anyone own S'bish or Goodmama fitteds and have a slim baby to post pictures of? Logan is a little over 15 pounds and 27 inches tall. He fits into most smaller one sized diapers on the very smallest settings. Thanks so much! :)
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: CD picture request!

• Options
    Good mamas are pretty bulky, IMO. They're nice and thick even without an insert or anything.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is in the 0.4%ile for weight and usually measures 25-35%ile for length/height, but we haven't done that measurement in a while. So he is pretty skinny. We have been using Sbish snapless on him since he was around 8-9 months old, and he may have been about 15-16 lbs back then -- I would have to go back and check.

I started out using Snappis with them but felt like the Snappi wasn't grabbing the OBV very well, so switched to pins. I was terrified I would stick DS, but it hasn't happened yet and I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

I think it's a good idea to go with snapless fitteds for a slimmer baby, because then you can fasten them wherever you need to.

Sorry I don't have pictures.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree that GMD workhorses are very trim, but they aren't nearly as absorbent as something with OBF or hemp.

Do you have anything by RaR? We have EcoPosh fitteds that I think fit a lot like my RaR pockets. They are a bit bulky if you stuff it with both inserts that come with it, but you wouldn't have to if you don't have a heavy wetter. They do have a shorter rise like RaR s though so I'm not sure how that will work long-term for a tall baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    OP - are you looking for fitteds for ON or just for daytime use?
  • Options
    We have a long, slim baby too and I like the sized Sustainablebabyish HLCs.  DS is 8 weeks, 12#, 23.5" long.  We are still using the size 1s (I have 3 I rotate for overnight- though he only sleeps 4-5 hours still so he doesn't use near the absorbency they can handle.)  The snaps double over on top of each other, and that is how we had to use it until now when he is starting to get a little bit of a belly.  I think the size 2s do the same thing and are supposed to fit from about 15# until they are almost potty trained.  
  • Options
    L was 18 lbs at 7 months, so he's in the 50th percentile for weight.  Here is his Goodmama fitted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks ladies! Keep the comments coming! ;)

I'm looking for ON. He is almost peeing through a small prefold stuffed in a 4.0 so I don't think workhorses would work? I made some fitteds out of small GMD prefolds, they are completely soaked in the morning, but don't leak out of his BBottom cover yet. He is also going to pee through his OS Simplexs soon.

I don't have any RaR pockets yet, I do have their covers, though. I'm hoping to get a pocket in the near future. ;)

I'm not opposed to using pins. I have some already, too!

I think Im going to try and snag some S'bish or ecoposh fitteds on the swap, or does anyone have one they want to sell? ;)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Is this a normal price or a sale they are running?
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Are there fitteds like the S'bish that aren't terry? I'm not a fan of terry, minky or fleece. :S The texture on diapers grosses me out for some odd reason.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm a huge fan of bamboo and hemp. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    What is OBF? I'm not super familiar with fitteds. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    I have had great luck with sbish flats trifolded in a cover. They hold a ton and are easier to wash than fitteds. They're also half the price of fitteds, so you are out a lot less $ if you don't like them. We've used mediums since about 10 months...maybe earlier. They still work great at nearly 19 months.

• Options
    And what is multi fitted? I think we need size medium or equivalent? I would have to research it again. I forgot...
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    I might be interested in the OBF. I'm in Montana, though, so probably not local. I need to research a bit more. I'll let you know. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    I really like esbaby fitteds. They're reasonably trim but always worked for us overnight.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"