January 2014 Moms

Anyone awake?

Re: Anyone awake?

• @jessicabcarins
    I didn't even think to look on there! Good to know!

You need to take it easy. I can't even imagine what your dealing with right now.. How much longer till your dd? (I'm on mobile)

Paging @RedSaffron did we put you to sleep?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image imageimage

• @kosbo06 This old lady told me that babies are like meatballs in the skillet. They stick to the skillet when they are still cooking and when they are ready and done, they are easy to come off. Yeah.. it was her way of telling me not to induce..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @LadyFilet thank you! Everyone wants him to come out so I can get a tax deduction. I think it would be cool to have the first baby of the year! I just want him out before the 4th... (I'm selfish and don't want to share my birthday) ;)

image imageimage

• @kosbo06 This old lady told me that babies are like meatballs in the skillet. They stick to the skillet when they are still cooking and when they are ready and done, they are easy to come off. Yeah.. it was her way of telling me not to induce..

Bahahaha. Never thought of it that way. P.S. mobile sucks! Totally saw you posted after I paged you! :)

image imageimage

• Omg did I miss a msg?! I'm totally mobile bumping lol so its taking a while to type with these chubby sausage fingers of mine haha.
    @kosbo06
  • @RedSaffron I think the conversation is just lagging with the mobile bumping!

@jessicabcarins how are those contractions going?

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns I wanna look into it now, but the chances of me catching up is slim to none after this baby is born..
  • @LadyFilet well. The chances of going to bed is punted out the window. I think my water just broke..nevermind false alarm.
  • @LadyFilet and some cupcakes?

image imageimage

• RedSaffronRedSaffron member
    edited December 2013
    Alright ladies, I'm gonna attempt to go to sleep. We should make an insomnia thread every so often to just chit chat. Sorry to @bellamatson for your notification being blown up, but thank you for this thread.

ETA: @jessicabcairns I hope your contractions ease up and thanks for the eye candy ;)
  • I was just thinking the same thing! Thanks for the chat ladies! Get some sleep :)

image imageimage

• @kosbo06 haha I passed out before I saw this.
    No:( but I can get some sprinkles cupcakes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @RedSaffron and @jessicabcarins I moved this over here because I didn't want to jack @bellamatson s labor thread. Went to the doctor, still no cervical check at 40 weeks :-/ however I did have an impromptu ultra sound. They are saying they may induce sooner rather than later due to me being full term, borderline hypertension, and PUPPs. NST and check up Thursday..

image imageimage

• @kosbo06 I am crossing all my fingers for you that your baby comes before Thursday the lastest. I can't believe you went full-term with PUPPS, is that even allowed?
  • @RedSaffron yes, PUPPs has no effect on baby. It's just a pain in the behind.
    @jessicabcairns yeah, not sure if it was a good thing or not. I have no clue if I'm dilated at all, although I know it really doesn't matter. How are you feeling now? Still timing those contractions?

image imageimage

• kw42775kw42775 member
    edited December 2013
    katags said:

@blue_elle, just a gush of blood after my 38 week cervical check. It kinda freaks me out but is supposedly no big deal...

@iamkerryanne
    I had this after my 37w cervical check. I was warned about spotting, and was told if it didn't stop to call or go in. Well, the "spotting" was way heavier than I anticipated and definitely more similar to a gush that you mentioned.

But yeah, it lasted no more than than 12 hours (when I googled it said over 24hrs spotting after cervical is when you should worry) and it apparently meant nothing for me. I didn't spot at all after my 38w appt. I have noticed a decrease in discharge though, so it makes me wonder if it was that infamous mucous plug loss I've been waiting so eagerly for. Shoulda snapped a pic so I could be sure ;)

@katags, I've barely had any discharge since yesterday. Interesting.
    LadyFilet said:

@scarlettdahlia hang in there momma! The light at the end of the tunnel is a LO to cuddle.

@katags and @iamkerryanne I am glad you posted about the blood that so I don't freak out tomorrow if I have some.

@ladyfilet, If I would have had any idea it could happen I wouldn't have been so surprised....and I would have been prepared with a change of clothes! My DH says I should keep an extra outfit with my now :)
    megs12914 said:

@iamkerryanne both of my sisters have gotten those chairs for their kids and the kids LOVE them!

@megs12914, thanks!! I hope my LO likes it! If not, oh well, I do....it's just so darn cute!!

ETA: tags.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @kosbo06 you deserve a freaken medal. Having PUPPs and going full-term.

@jessicabcairns Sending you good vibes for a good plan and your placenta placement is alright.
  • I hoping so for @kosbo06 too! It was eye opening seeing all those mamas we were talking with last night to go into labor just like that.
    @jessicabcairns
  • @jessicabcairns keeping my fingers crossed for you my dear. Please keep us updated!

@iamkerryanne waiting for your baby update! ;) although im on mobile so i cant see how far along you are! maybe we need to keep this thread going to get some of these babies out!

@LadyFilet I appreciate it! But I'm actually terrified of him coming soon. The unknown scares me. We will see what happens! How much longer do you have?

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns update after you talk with the doc. Hoping for good news

image imageimage

• kosbo06 said:

@jessicabcairns keeping my fingers crossed for you my dear. Please keep us updated!

@iamkerryanne waiting for your baby update! ;) although im on mobile so i cant see how far along you are! maybe we need to keep this thread going to get some of these babies out!

@kosbo06, I'm mobile, too...38w2d. Nothing happening :((

Anniversary

• @iamkerryanne I totally get it.. My due date is tomorrow... I got nothing!

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns Fx for a good update!
  • @jessicabcairns you might be the next person in this thread having your baby!

image imageimage

• How many babies are we at?

Anniversary

• @RedSaffron - it was definitely a shock seeing all the L&D posts this morning. Kinda made it more real, and scary. Lol
    Bummer, guess I should have joined in on the fun ;) 20 weeks ago we were talking of a possible induction on 12/30, and I'm really bummed that I don't have my baby in my arms right now. What changed is that my OB changed my due date, so I'll still have a baby in less than a week, but still...
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Bummer, guess I should have joined in on the fun ;) 20 weeks ago we were talking of a possible induction on 12/30, and I'm really bummed that I don't have my baby in my arms right now. What changed is that my OB changed my due date, so I'll still have a baby in less than a week, but still...
    @MrsGraham06 - I'm sure joining now will still help! I'm assuming they moved your due date back a week? They moved mine up two, just a couple weeks ago. I told them I was right ad they were wrong.
    I talked to my OB about it at my appointment last week on Tuesday, she said that once it's set after the 20w u/s they don't change it. And actually, I had a 2nd u/s at 25 weeks, to check growth and finish all the measurements. She changed it then. :( So, essentially, instead of inducing 1 week early (from my original due date) I'll probably have the baby on my original due date. We still don't know if I'll be induced or c/s, which is the really frustrating part for me.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• @msgraham06 you're more than welcome to join in, but join at your own risk of having a baby haha

@jessicabcairns you have to sleepover on NYE?? oh man if you don't want it to be a NY baby then I'll pray for that for you. Are you staying until you deliver or this is a one night special?
  • @jessicabcairns when do you find out about the test? Praying for you!

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns that's awesome! Enjoy it!

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns oooh, the limbo kills me. After you get the result, you enjoy that NYE food! Fx everything is favorable, are they gonna induce for a vaginal or they are pushing for c/s?

@kosbo06, @MrsGraham06, @LadyFilet, @iamkerryanne How's your NYE? It's 4 pm so we have ways to go before the celebration starts and only having 4 hours of sleep is kicking my ass.. I might miss out the insomnia thread tonight haha.
  • @RedSaffron I totally understand! Never went back to sleep this morning. After my long appointment this morning, DH and I went and saw Anchorman 2, then went out to dinner. That's the most of my plans for tonight. I've had my oatmeal bath for the night and I'm thinking 9pm sounds like s good bedtime! Do you have any special plans besides sleep?

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns Nice! The anticipation of your result is killing me. We must start a thread, it has a better success rate at women going into labor than those old wives bs. Lol

@kosbo06 How fun! No cervical check and a movie sounds like a winning day :) In all seriousness, what is this oatmeal bath you speak of?! It sounds heavenly, but I don't know what it is lol

@LadyFilet You're working overnight til 7 the next morning?! You deserve a medal also. I would be pissed if there wasn't food.
  • @LadyFilet I'm not a huge movie person. It wasn't bad. The first one was better, but I was also half asleep the entire time. I will say that it didn't drag, which is usually the problem I have with seeing movies.

image imageimage

• @RedSaffron lol. It's for my pupps itching. Just a warm bath with an oatmeal bath packet. Got it at Walgreens. Aveeno makes them to help deal with itchy skin issues

image imageimage

• @LadyFilet I made it through the whole time, but I thought I might burst. Made the mistake of sitting in the center and was surround by people. Didn't want to get up in front of everyone... So I held it!

image imageimage

• @jessicabcairns yay for no leakage and your awesome sister for cooking!
    3 (including you) out of 6 of us that were up chatting are now in L&D. *suspicious* haha

@kosbo06 I'm sorry you have to go through PUPPs again.. but I have to say, Aveeno is one of my favorite skin care products next to Origins. I was imagining a luscious bath with oatmeal and rose petals lol.
  • @LadyFilet ?!?! A 12 hour shift at 9 months *mind blown*
  • @LadyFilet I don't like to ask too much personal question cause it is a public forum, but I was thinking it was a nurse position with those hours..but thank god its a desk job. Kudos to you for working up til you give birth.

@jessicabcairns I was thinking the same. Dec13 must have a lot of our girls coming in and they must be like "whose all these ppl?! Lol" Hold that baby in til after 12:01 in your time haha.
  • I wonder if he will be born tonight or tomorrow!!! December 32 or jan 1
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"