May 2014 Moms
Options

1st Tri at it again....

Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

Re: 1st Tri at it again....

• Options
    I was just reading this!! The 11week ultrasound thread has some drama flaring up as well!

• Options
    That was pretty tame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed that was tame, but why does it never cease to amaze me how little people know about their bodies?  
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Empireceo said:

Agreed that was tame, but why does it never cease to amaze me how little people know about their bodies?  

I really chalk those type of posts up to women wanting to conceive so badly that they literally forget Biology 101 and how their body works.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I was just reading this!! The 11week ultrasound thread has some drama flaring up as well!
    People crack me up!!  These are good for being bored at work
  • Options

No kidding holy moly! haha them bitches are cray cray! haha
  • Options
    Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited December 2013
    And if you still want more 1st tri craziness: ''Rude Comments and how they should be handled'' is another train wreck/sh*t storm. :)
  • Options
    IBackBevo said:

There are multiple things that annoy me on both ends of those threads. Obviously, how some people seem to think they can never have a delayed O.

However, it also annoys me when people act like you have to be temping to know when you O. There are so many other signs. Maybe you might not know to the hour or day, but that is true of temping, too...hell, that is even true of being monitored by an RE's office. However, if a woman is paying attention to her body (watching cervical mucus, has O pains, etc.), many can have a pretty good idea of when they O... at least within a few days. Not that that was the situation here...

All of this. I've never temped ever, but I know when I O'ed because my cycle is like clockwork. We sexed it up on the day I figured I was O-ing and bam. My due date has never changed from what I figured out based on my LMP. It is possible to know without being all scientific about it.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    HedgessmHedgessm member
    edited December 2013
    What amazes me is the lack of knowledge of basic biology.  You don't have to be a bio major to know or understand most of this stuff.  9th grade health class should have covered it.

ETA:  Or you know common sense, that seems to be lacking as well.
  • Options
    But here's the thing, public school sex ed in some areas/districts is seriously lacking. They covered ovulation but also said it typically happened 14 days after the first day of a woman's period and that a typical cycle is 28 days long. Both of which are extremely rare occurrences. The only somewhat accurate "fact" our teacher have us was he told the guys that if they had been trying to get some from their gf and she keeps saying no and then one day can't get undressed quick enough not to do it because there was a good chance she was ovulating. They never covered charting, the 20% chance or any of the stuff I have learned since coming to these boards and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Even my mom doesn't understand any of this stuff because she just had sex and then got pregnant. The OP handled it nicely and thanked everyone as she should for educating her. The poster who said that pregnancy starts with your LMP no matter what is stupid. As is the one who claims her mom was 4 months before testing positive for a beta. If the OP had fought tooth and nail that she had to be pregnant then I would have said she was crazy and needed to take the advice she was given but please don't think that charting us all that common of information taught in the schools. Many still just teach abstinence.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    IBackBevo said:
    There are multiple things that annoy me on both ends of those threads. Obviously, how some people seem to think they can never have a delayed O. However, it also annoys me when people act like you have to be temping to know when you O. There are so many other signs. Maybe you might not know to the hour or day, but that is true of temping, too...hell, that is even true of being monitored by an RE's office. However, if a woman is paying attention to her body (watching cervical mucus, has O pains, etc.), many can have a pretty good idea of when they O... at least within a few days. Not that that was the situation here...
    Yeah, the temping thing kind of bothers me too.  I can understand if you have wonky cycles it can be a tool to help you get the timing right but it's pretty annoying when people act like it's the only way to get pregnant.  Although, if I spent months doing it and was constantly reading posts titled "36 hours late, negative test, time to call the doctor?!" I probably wouldn't have the nicest response.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    That one got out of hand real fast!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I temped, monitored CM, used OPK's, and charted it all. We got pg our 2nd cycle. Was it solely due to charting? Who knows. I'd say it worked for me, between one of those three indicators. I didn't know what my cycle would be because I had been on BCP for 15+ years, so if for nothing else I wanted to chart to also get an idea of what would/could become my typical cycle, since I really couldn't remember what my typical cycle was before I was on BCP.

I know the limited sex ed we had in school didn't cover most of this. It taught us soon-to-be hornball teenagers the basic process, but that was about it. I learned more from TCOYF than I ever did in sex ed or health classes.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    ALE515 said:
    Meh, I found that to be major overkill. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• Options
    ALE515 said:
    Meh, I found that to be major overkill. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• Options

But here's the thing, public school sex ed in some areas/districts is seriously lacking. They covered ovulation but also said it typically happened 14 days after the first day of a woman's period and that a typical cycle is 28 days long. Both of which are extremely rare occurrences. The only somewhat accurate "fact" our teacher have us was he told the guys that if they had been trying to get some from their gf and she keeps saying no and then one day can't get undressed quick enough not to do it because there was a good chance she was ovulating. They never covered charting, the 20% chance or any of the stuff I have learned since coming to these boards and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Even my mom doesn't understand any of this stuff because she just had sex and then got pregnant. The OP handled it nicely and thanked everyone as she should for educating her. The poster who said that pregnancy starts with your LMP no matter what is stupid. As is the one who claims her mom was 4 months before testing positive for a beta. If the OP had fought tooth and nail that she had to be pregnant then I would have said she was crazy and needed to take the advice she was given but please don't think that charting us all that common of information taught in the schools. Many still just teach abstinence.

This is true about health class. And scary! Good point!!
  • Options
    I actually did get a negative test and then a week, maybe week and a half later got a positive one, but the first one was a couple days before I usually get my period.  I only took the first test to see if I could drink over Labor Day weekend since we were TTC and I (erroneously) thought I was far enough in my cycle that it would be a definitive test.  (I didn't want to say anything on the 1st tri thread because people might've thought I'm a troll or something.)
  • Options
    @sisterjanet, I did the same thing. I never stressed about my good time that I had.

I usually recommend that people temp or something to try to gain more info on their body. I'd rather tell people to temp than encourage them to remain clueless.

Personally it helped me so much. I'm really anxious and it helped me feel better. It also helped me take real information to my doctor when I didn't have a period for 60+ days. I didn't get a BFP until day 76 or something like that. And then I could tell my doctor a realistic EDD, not off my last period, which would have put me due March/April.

imageimage

• Options
    1st tri boards are always entertaining....Especially on a boring night when DH is watching a Phish webcast!  Happy New Year!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• Options
    The only posts I dont miss from TTGP!!
  • Options
    I have charted but only on cycles I didn't get pregnant. And the cycle I did get pregnant, I got increasingly darker OPKs, had a lot of sex, and then found out I was already 4 weeks pregnant when I thought I was ovulating. I fail at taking control of my fertility.
    BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• Options

I have charted but only on cycles I didn't get pregnant. And the cycle I did get pregnant, I got increasingly darker OPKs, had a lot of sex, and then found out I was already 4 weeks pregnant when I thought I was ovulating. I fail at taking control of my fertility.

All 3 times were cycles I wasn't charting for one reason or another (sick for #1 and was mouth breathing at night, recovering from tonsillectomy for #2 and had such a long cycle I have up, and had a 7 month old this time around so charting wouldn't have been accurate with random wake up times) and the cycles I did chart I didn't get pregnant. I'm kinda sad that I'll never get to see a pretty BFP chart if my own.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"