March 2014 Moms

What are you/did you bring to the hospital for baby?

Trying to make a list :)

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you/did you bring to the hospital for baby?

• I found this one on the net
  • This is my third and I still can't get my head around it. I also found a list on my hospital's website. Check yours put as different hospitals provide different things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I think it's partly the enormity of it all. As soon as I start packing its SO real!!! It's kinda stressful. I feel like I want someone to take me by the hand and go shopping for what ill need together!
    And I'm not usually like that....
    Don't get me wrong- this baby is very much wanted- I guess it's the labour etc and everything!!!
  • My hospital provides very little. It says we need diapers and wipes, outfits, 4-6 receiving blankets, pacifiers and formula if we plan to go that route.

• Outfit - basic footed sleeper to come home in - and a light jacket.
    Blanket for in the car.
    Car seat.

Our hospital tells you they do NOT supply diapers, wipes or anything else for you (pads) or baby.

I will take a few diapers and a small pouch of wipes, but the hospital DID supply enough for the time we were there. (30 hours -> 15 diapers...DS pooped 10 times at least...lol)

*check what your hospital supplies
    **do you plan to BF or bottle?
    ***do you plan to use a pacifier?

Otherwise...all baby needs is an outfit and carseat IMO.
  • Check your hospitals website, they may have a list, or ask your doctor.  I am sure not all hospitals provide the exact same things.  All we're taking is her going home outfit, and her car seat with the blanket thing that goes over it (it will still be cold here in March).  The hospital will provide pacifiers, blankets, and diapers so we really don't need much.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• For Baby: Going home outfit, extra onesie, hat, car seat
    My hospital provides diapers, paci(we will try not use), wipes, small formula bottles-I am nursing but just in case things don't go as planned we have that.
    For me: 3-4 comfy outfits (yoga pants, gown, nursing shirts) Granny panties, makeup, hair brush, toilitres.
    Hospital provides the peri-bottle, pads,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    edited December 2013
    Just for baby? Let's see a few onesies and blankets and a hat (or two). A camera :) and his baby book.
    I did have footed sleepers but at every shift change they had to check our medical bracelets (one on his ankle), so it was just easier to keep him out of an outfit until we were leaving.
    I did have a going home outfit as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I think it's partly the enormity of it all. As soon as I start packing its SO real!!! It's kinda stressful. I feel like I want someone to take me by the hand and go shopping for what ill need together! And I'm not usually like that.... Don't get me wrong- this baby is very much wanted- I guess it's the labour etc and everything!!!
    I hear ya. It's totally getting real and I am taking my sis shopping because I am overwhelmed and excited too!

• Our hospital gives diapers, wipes, hat, paci, nasal aspirator. I will be bringing footed sleeper or 2, car seat and blanket.
  • I know most people just bring a going home outfit, but I am bringing outfits to put her in for the hospital stay. They did this with my nephew, and he's in his comfy cute PJs in all the hospital pictures. Plus I have a ton of newborn size clothes thanks to hand-me-downs. They only fit in them so long, I want to get use out of them.

imageimage

• I know most people just bring a going home outfit, but I am bringing outfits to put her in for the hospital stay. They did this with my nephew, and he's in his comfy cute PJs in all the hospital pictures. Plus I have a ton of newborn size clothes thanks to hand-me-downs. They only fit in them so long, I want to get use out of them.
    This.  I didn't think to do it last time (only brought his going home outfit), and DH had to run home and get the poor baby some clothes! The hospital only had these gross oversized white shirt things to put him in. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm bringing going home outfit, a couple newborn sleepers/onesies, maybe a couple swaddles, cloth diapers and liners and maybe a paci or two.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Just remember that you don't need to bring all of baby's stuff to L&D if you'll be moved to a different room postpartum. Leave it in the car and have DH grab it once you've been transferred (otherwise you have to lug a giant car seat, bags etc through the hallways while mom is holding LO in the wheelchair - also more chance to lose things…).
  • DS was swaddled tight most of his hospital stay so we kept him in the hospital t-shirts. They also provided a halo sleeping blanket/swaddle. All we needed for him was a going home outfit/sleeper, onesie depending on temps, hat, blankets, and a car seat. Our hospital sent us home with a pack of diapers but I think we needed our own wipes.

One other thought I just had. You might want to have a little bib along just in case your baby is a spitter. It might help preserve their outfit for pics :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Besides a going home outfit, all I'm bringing are 2 swaddle-mes and a few pacifiers.  Many hospitals are no longer providing pacifiers under the fault assumption that they interfere with the establishment of breastfeeding.  However, recent studies are showing that isn't the case and the opposite is true.
    @bearsbearsbears Any links available?  I'd be interested in reading more about this.
  • To be honest, the only thing we used that we had brought for DS was his going home outfit. The hospital had onesies, blankets, pacifiers, a nice knit hat (donated by a woman's group, diapers, etc. for him already so we just used those. I stayed in the hospital gowns the entire time because it was easier in all aspects. The only things I needed for me were toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc.
  • Oh I'm also bringing baby soap for the bath because I don't want to use J&J.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • I'll pack a regular diaper bag plus the baby book.
  • Going home outfit (white onesie for layering, outfit, socks, hat), blanket, pacis and carseat.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • aLsMay24 said:

Oh I'm also bringing baby soap for the bath because I don't want to use J&J.

DD never got a bath other than the initial scrub down they gave her in the nursery, and after that didn't get a real bath until her cord healed at about 2wks.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We took a couple of going home options (different sizes because they expected a big baby), blanket for the ride, some hats with her name on it, and a couple of swaddling blankets I never used. She had to have her heel pricked a lot and then be under the bili lights so I preferred to just have her in the hospital t-shirt. We also brought in wipes because DH didn't like that they just had these paper towel things and water for changes, but she ended up having a reaction to the wipes (a sensitive kind), so this time we'll just use what they supply.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• our hospital supplies everything so we will jsut take:
    -carseat
    -going home outfit
    -back up outfit
    -blanket
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies. Apparently when my BFF had her baby, they ran out of diapers, didn't provides wipes or clothes... Just a blanket to swaddled, so I am planning to have anything I think I'd need just in case.

• I hope to start packing my bag soon just to be on the safe side... just awaiting a few more items.

Last time I did not pack snacks but will do so this time oh and I forgot pants.... go figure and had t use scrubs they lent me ....

For baby:
    Car Seat (DH installed and brought when it was time for pick up, we didn't worry about having that in delivery)

Blanket, 1-2 options to come home in.
    (Hospital supplied diapers, formula/bottles, pacifier and initial cleaning supplies).
    Not sure if you need to bring your breast pump if you are going that route.

For Labor and Delivery
    My phone, tablet, camera and chargers.
    Snacks

For me:
    Robe
    At least 2 night gowns
    Outfit to come home
    Bathroom supplies for my shower
    Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Razor, face wash, lotion, brush and hair tie/clip(not bothering with hair dryer/make-up.
    Slippers
    Pillow (Maybe)

Last time the hospital supplied me with ice packs, pads, disposable undies, numbing stuff and the sitz bath hook-up, then even gave me some extra for home.

Depending on how things are looking, I may bring the good bag for DD to get from her little brother when she comes to the hospital to visit.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"