Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Had my D&C today

After 2 rounds of Cytotec not completing my miscarriage I had a D&C today. I think the worst part was getting stuck 3x for an IV. They couldn't find a vein. Had some cramping afterwards and passed a small clot. The procedure only took 20-30 mins but from start to finish I was in the hospital 4 hours. The dr said he had to stop some bleeding. I did feel a little faint before going home but I think it was from losing so much blood in the last 6 weeks. Now I wait anxiously for my appt in 2 weeks to see when we can try again. I am so glad it's all behind me now and my body can get back to normal.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12

Re: Had my D&C today

• I hope you are doing well and it's amazing how much more the healing process can begin once the physical part is over. I'm sorry you had to go through a lot to get to this point. But lots of T&P your way as the next part of your journey and healing begins.

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

• Sorry for your loss! I hope you have smooth recovery. I have to say that I was feeling physically normal sooner than I expected, about a couple days after the procedure. I was able to go out for a short run. Emotionally it has taken me longer to heal. But its getting better. T&P your way!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • bissea83bissea83 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm so sorry . I hope you have a quick recovery. good luck to you :)
    image"Lilypie">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"