July 2014 Moms

Anybody doing a wardrobe overhaul?

I realize it's early but this is my third pregnancy and I'm already uncomfortable as heck in all of my clothes. Plus now that I'm 33 and pregnant instead of 21 and pregnant I don't feel tiny and cute with a prego belly. I feel bloated. On top of that I'm already semi showing at 10w and don't want anybody to know until 12w so I can't wear anything I could still get away with because they will definitely show my belly. I'm ready to pack up my entire closet and hang only the two things I feel comfortable in, then scour Craigslist and stores for clothes that don't make me feel wretched. Anybody else already thinking of doing a wardrobe overhaul? If so, how are you going about weeding out the clothes you have currently? Any advice for or against a complete overhaul before I go crazy in there?

Re: Anybody doing a wardrobe overhaul?

• Yup, I actually started doing this this fall with clothes that weren't fitting (before my BFP), and put them in the basement for when I lose the weight.  When it gets time that I need maternity, I'll take the rest of the non-fitting items and store them and just have my maternity clothes in the dresser. 
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just did that this past weekend. I took all of my clothes that I won't be wearing for quite a while and packed them up. The only things left are maternity clothes or things I can still fit into. Makes mornings a lot easier.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yep. I'm making the switch to maternity pants and need tops that cover the band.
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • That's on the agenda for tomorrow. I'm storing away everything that doesn't fit so I can streamline getting ready, and I'm been picking up maternity pieces here and there.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes I did this too about a week ago. I took out all of my pants that I knew were tight already and tops that were clingy. I kept anything that was baggy looking or would fit a bump. I lined my maternity clothes up from ones that ran smaller to ones that ran bigger (from last pregnancy). It does make mornings easy.

I just put my clothes in bins. . . fall/winter and spring/summer.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• This is on the agenda for the weekend. I need pants that fit and shirts that make me look pregnant instead of chubby. I'll put everything I want to keep into storage (bye bye skinny jeans, I hope we will meet again someday) and goodwill the stuff I'm sick off.

I threw out all my maternity clothes from last time as soon as I could. Really kicking myself for that now. I'm going to have to remember that come August. But I did think to keep all the jeans I had afterward. I've got everything from size 4 to 16. I should be set for post baby.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Yes! Just cleaned through my closet and made room for the maternity clothes I got as hand me downs. DH got the the clothes out yesterday so just need to wash them then organize. Really struggling to fit in anything not maternity except my loose fitting tops.
  • I took all my too short shirts and too tight pants (all the non stretchy ones) and packed them in a box to put in the basement on Sunday. No sense in keeping them hanging there when I'm only gonna get bigger.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • I have an entire maternity wardrobe (it's an obsession). I'm 33 and this is my second baby. I've already rotated my closet at 12 weeks. I have a couple shirts I can still wear, and two pairs of pants. Otherwise (outside of pajamas) I'm in maternity...and loving it!
  • This post was a great reminder. I need to do this soon! So many clothes taking up space that do not need to be there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad there's others out there taking this road! Before I did anything I decided to try a BeBand to see if I could salvage some of my pre pregnancy clothes. So far after four hours of shopping I loooooove it!!! Now I think I'll leave my jeans to go through and find out which ones will still work before I pack them up. My regular size pants I just bought a month ago totally work while full on unzipped with the BeBand over. Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"