High-Risk Pregnancy

Question about SCH/High Risk Pregnancy/Ultrasounds?

So at 9 weeks pregnant I had to go to ER twice and was diagnosed with Bleeding(Threatened Miscarriage) & a Subchorionic Hemorrhage (Subchorionic Hematoma), My first visit they did an internal ultrasound to discover why I was bleeding & make diagnosis, 2nd was to check for miscarriage & to see how SCH was doing, Doctor said its considered a high risk pregnancy now?

I had my first Obgyn visit a week later at 10 weeks & she did an ultrasound to check & see if baby was okay (but didn't tell me how the SCH was looking), I have an appt set for 2 weeks from now when ill be 13 weeks and I'm wondering if she will do another ultrasound to see how the SCH is healing as it will have been 3 weeks from my last.
Has anyone else had a SCH & if so how often did you receive ultrasounds throughout your pregnancy as it puts you at risk for miscarriage & placenta previa and such later on? I don't want to have to go months at a time wondering if it's healing or getting larger!
Thank you for your time! :)

Re: Question about SCH/High Risk Pregnancy/Ultrasounds?

• I had a small one- I had some bleeding at 11 weeks, and we confirmed it at my nt scan a few days later. It was small and they were unconcerned. It had healed by my next ultrasound at 18 weeks.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • i had an SCH and placenta previa and both resolved themselves by 17 weeks. those things didnt make me high risk (other things did though).

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • I had a SCH that started bleeding at 8 weeks. At that time I was with my RE and was about to move across the country so I was monitored closely while I was still there (I also have dealt with IF for 5 years and have had two m/c). Once I started with my new OB in our new state he did two u/s (initial appointment with him at like 11 weeks and then at 13 weeks) and I had two with my MFM (one was the NT scan). After 12 weeks I didn't have another u/s until my a/s. The SCH was visible at 12 weeks and gone at 20.
    Started TTC Summer 2008~ Started with RE Summer 2009~ October 2010 IUI-positive HPT & beta, c/p~ Natural pregnancy March 2013, m/c at 7 weeks, Trisomy 16~ Natural pregnancy June 2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a SCH that was discovered at 6 weeks when I started bleeding. It was a small bleed and a small SCH. The only restriction I had at that point was pelvic rest. I had another ultrasound at 12 weeks to check on the SCH and it was the same size, but I hadn't experienced any more bleeding. I went in for my 20 week anatomy scan and they discovered I have complete placenta previa. So now I have more restrictions. I haven't had any bleeding yet, and my next appt is on January 14th. I'll be 26 weeks then. I'm praying my placenta starts to move out of the way! Best of luck to you!
  • I had a small SCH discovered around 8.5 weeks. I got u/s every 10-14 days to make sure it wasn't getting bigger. I was not put on any type of restrictions, as my doctor said research does not support its effectiveness in situations like mine. I did scale back the working out a little, though, just because I wanted to. The SCH was gone by 14 weeks.

The only thing my doctor said about SCH was that it could cause PROM (water breaking early). I delivered DS at 32w3d due to PTL, so I'm already high-risk. I doubt that I would've been high-risk from the SCH alone since it was very small.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you all so much for your replies! I wasn't sure whether the SCH alone had made it high risk like the ER physician had told me (but then again he didn't seem very knowledgeable about baby stuff anyways! (TMI ) The bleeding had slowed from heavy bright red  > dark red > brown > yellow > now hardly anything at all so I'm hoping that's a good sign!!!
  • @firefliesgirl21 that is a good sign! the darker blood it is, the "older" it is. mine was bright red the first day, but brownish afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"