Trouble TTC

Can you lovely ladies tell me about Progesterone?

Hey ladies,

First off hugs to those that need them and congrats to the BFPs!

So today was IUI #3. DH had great numbers 93 mil post wash with 85% motility and 48% morphology. Everything was higher than our last two except for morph. CD11 showed one follie at 15 and one at 12. My clinic doesn't do any further scans so who knows what they ended up being. Our RE decided to put me on progesterone this time. They checked my levels during #1 and it was 17.2 so she said this time around lets just see if it helps. I have seen some of you take it but really don't know anything about it. So what can you tell me about it? I didn't have time to fill the rx today but plan to do it tomorrow so I am hoping one day doesn't make a difference. You ladies are wonderful and thanks in advance for the help.
Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

Re: Can you lovely ladies tell me about Progesterone?

• I've used both Crinone and Prometrium and prefer Prometrium by a long shot. First off, it's much cheaper, and in my opinion at lot less gross. The Crinone is a gel that has an applicator you insert to put the progesterone in, but it builds up after a few days and, tmi, I was literally digging out clumps of white gel that remained in the vag. The prometrium is just a gel capsule that I insert, again, tmi, with my fingers and try to push it up as far as I can get it. I did get some yellow discharge (as the capsules are yellow in color) but nothing too too messy! Best of luck to you, fingers crossed!! :)

• I also take prometrium vaginally. It's not so bad. I don't start until the day after my IUI, so I think you'll be fine. Pantyliners are your friend. Also, I read some where to run the capsule under the water for a second and it makes it less irritating. I've been doing that and really haven't had any issues.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • I've used endometrium vaginally, pretrium orall and PIO shots. If you are on 200mg you probably won't notice many side effects, but if you do remember they mock pg symptoms so try to keep excitement in check until testing.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• I started prometrium 2 days after IUI and took it orally but they gave me the vaginal option as well. It made me a little dizzy/drowsy, and I had some lady part dryness, but nothing compared to feeling crazy on this Clomid cycle.
    *************WARNING CP mentioned***********
    TTC since 12/2012 Me: hypothyroid & egg issues
    DH: MFI
    IUI #1 BFN
    2nd treatment cycle: Clomid & TI BFN
    IUI #2 (injects) IUI BFN
    2/14 through 3/14 benched with a cyst
    IVF#1 CD1 came before beta. BFN. No frosties.
    Benched with cysts...
    IVF#2 beta moved up due to heavy bleeding 6dp5dt...beta was 11. beta#2 20.4! Beta#3 28 Chemical pregnancy :(
    Currently on BCPs with cysts, planning IVF#3 Everyone welcome!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My RE has me take progesterone suppositories after each IUI.  They aren't too bad.  However, they give me every early pregnancy symptom in the book, so I have to keep my emotions in check until beta day.
    Me: 30/Moderate Endometriosis/Bicornuate Uterus
    DH:  34/Perfect

TTC #1
    June '11 - Lap + Hysteroscopy to remove endo + polyps
    July '11 - July '13:  TTC naturally
    Aug '13 - RE tracked natural cycle/Began aggressive approach
    Oct 10, '13:  Lap + Hysteroscopy #2 to remove endo + polyps + endometrioma
    11/5/13 - IUI #1 (Femara + Follistim + HCG Trigger + Progesterone) = BFN
    12/5/13 - IUI #2
    (Femara + Follistim + HCG Trigger + Progesterone) - BFN
    Jan '14 - IUI #3
    (Femara + Follistim + HCG Trigger + Progesterone) - BFN
    Feb '14 - Prepping for IVF #1...Begin BCP on 2/17

• Thanks ladies! I appreciate all the advice!
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• I've taken Prometrium 5 times now (all orally) the first four I was on 400mg for 10 days and was so dizzy that after taking it I had 30 minutes to be in bed and not get up till in the morning because I could not walk I was so dizzy.  I also had extremely sore boobs.  This time on 200mg for 12 days; I'm on day 6 and have had no symptoms so far which is awesome. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"