1st Trimester
Options

Im one of those patients

I freaked out over bleeding (it was red) and it was quite a bit but thinking back probably not enough to warrant an ER visit.....and here I am at the hospital.

I feel like an idiot for coming in. Im one of those patients that freak out over (probably) nothing.

27 y/o - Dx with PCOS 7/10/13 - Started on Metformin 8/26/13.

BFP - 11/19/13      EDD - 7/18/14

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Im one of those patients

• Options
    if you're not checked in yet, and you feel comfortable with it, you can always leave and either leave a message for your doctor on their message service, or call in the morning and see what your doctor's office tells you. Are you still bleeding/spotting? Were you soaking through pads? I'd probably call my doctor in the morning, it's unlikely that the ER is going to be able to tell you much more than saying it's a threatened miscarriage and tell you to call you doc. Especially if you're really early, they won't be able to see much of anything even on a transvaginal ultrasound. Don't feel bad about being worried, but your doctor, or at least an OB is going to be able to give you a better idea of what's going on. I'd go home, put your feet up and hydrate.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Your OB is the one you want to see, not an ER doctor. There is literally nothing they can do for you, unfortunately, other than to tell you to take it easy, drink lots of water, and avoid tampons and sex.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto to all of the above.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The office didnt seem to care that I was bleeding. I have higher chance of miscarriage so I went to the ER. I had an ultrasound (1st one and Ill be 12 weeks Friday) and they said its ok and they could see the heart beating. It was a substantial amount of blood but no clots. I feel better now knowing it wasnt anything. I probably wont panic next time. But thank you for the advice. (:

27 y/o - Dx with PCOS 7/10/13 - Started on Metformin 8/26/13.

BFP - 11/19/13      EDD - 7/18/14

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"