August 2014 Moms

Thyroid Issue?

Hi everyone,

I'm 8w1d and have had some mild pain on the lower right side of my neck...right about where my thyroid gland is. I read that some swelling and pain can be normal in pregnancy, but if it's sever enough it can be a problem. It's not a huge issue now and I'll probably follow up with my doc at my appointment on 1/15 (unless it gets worse). In the meantime, has anyone else ever have/had this issue? What was the cause and/or outcome?

Thanks!

Re: Thyroid Issue?

• Hello!  I have a 2.6 cm thyroid nodule on the left side of my thyroid, which can be felt when I swallow.  It was discovered this year during a chest CT scan for something else.  I had two fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies, and both came back negative, so the endocrinologist felt strongly that we should not remove it, but we are monitoring it.  I've been hypothyroid since I was 18, I think the nodule made me a little more hypo.  My dose was recently adjusted upward (which I think is why we finally got pregnant), so all is good in my thyroid world.  Hopefully it is nothing major for you. If it is a nodule, be assured that the vast majority of them are benign.  It's definitely a good idea to get it checked out, though.  

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

• Makes sense. Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had thyroid issues since 2006, and JUST got on a good enough dosage about 2 years ago. Husband and I got off bc in the middle if September an late October was my last period. :) so that means my thyroid levels have at least gotten somewhere close to normal. Normal enough to get pregnant. YAY. first time mom btw. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"