April 2013 Moms
Options

Our First Poison Control Center Call

farmerpinkyfarmerpinky member
edited December 2013 in April 2013 Moms
Phoebe just got ahold of and chomped a stink bug! I am totally skeeved out. She'll be fine and I was pretty sure she would be, but I had to call.

FYI the number is 18002221222 keep it handy ladies.
If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams

Re: Our First Poison Control Center Call

• Options
    yes, gross! and glad she is Ok, thanks for the PSA- programming now!
  • Options
    Omg that is crazy and scary! Im glad she will be ok. I am so scared of this because Jasmine loves to put everything in her mouth eeew! When I was young I was at the park playing with a baby cousin when I see his mouth he was chewing on a snail :(( so nasty!! lol never forgot that. And cross my fingers Jasmine never does this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Phee puts everything in her mouth and she's wicked fast. We have perfected the cheek pinch/lean forward/remove procedure.

I was so grossed out by this. I'm still twitching. The snail thing is in our future. ..I'm sure of it. :-&
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Options
    Haha ew gross. I don't know if I would have called poison control though... Are stink bugs poisonous? They're organic, right? ;-) haha but really, glad everything is okay!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

Haha ew gross. I don't know if I would have called poison control though... Are stink bugs poisonous? They're organic, right? ;-) haha but really, glad everything is okay!

Stink bugs stink because they release a chemical cocktail to discourage predators. As a mom of four I usually figure bugs= protein, but was concerned the "stink" might be a topical irritant. I just wanted to be cautious.
  • Options
    Stink bugs stink because they release a chemical cocktail to discourage predators. As a mom of four I usually figure bugs= protein, but was concerned the "stink" might be a topical irritant. I just wanted to be cautious.

Hm, I never really knew that! Makes sense though!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Btw...it is an irritant. Wash out mouth by giving few sips of h2o. If bug swallowed, baby might get tummy ache, but will digest bug just fine. Ride out stomach upset, no medical intervention necessary.
  • Options
    Today Connor ate a lady bug.. (but it was the Asian beetle kind) and they release a toxin thing when they are freaked out.. which is their blood.. but he didn't seem to mind. 

I didn't know you were supposed to call poison control over things like that lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Today Connor ate a lady bug.. (but it was the Asian beetle kind) and they release a toxin thing when they are freaked out.. which is their blood.. but he didn't seem to mind. 

I didn't know you were supposed to call poison control over things like that lol.
    She's eaten a lady bug before. I wasn't worried about that. I just figured it didn't hurt to check on this one because I'm less familiar with it. As I mentioned earlier bugs= protein. No worries.
  • Options
    Yuck!  I am glad every thing is okay though :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Casey managed to eat some dry cat food yesterday at mil's house :-&

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    O...m...g my skin is itching just like when @clandesinex mentioned "that thing" (don't you dare say the name) that is her phobia & had us all freaked out. I'm so putting this number in my phone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"