September 2012 Moms

MMR Vaccine

JennyVal3JennyVal3 member
edited December 2013 in September 2012 Moms
My son's 15 month appt is tomorrow and he is scheduled to receive his MMR vaccine.  I have such mixed emotions on this and the research I have been doing is not calming my nerves.  I'm really not sure why I'm posting this......I guess I'm just looking to read other comments/concerns/feelings. 
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: MMR Vaccine

• I'm kind of on the fence about certain vaccines, and others seem like a no brainier to me. After doing my research, we decided to get the MMR vaccine. I know there will be 526 people who will post links to articles saying there is no link between vaccines and autism, and probably another 526 ready to fire back with articles of their own proving otherwise, so really when it comes down to it, just do what you think is best for your LO. Either way there will be people telling you that you made the wrong choice, and those that will commend you. I know this post is no help to you whatsoever in making your decision, but if you can't make up your kind before the appointment, ask that it be put off. Don't let the dr bully you into vaxing your son before you've really decided that you do or don't want to.
  • Is there a link in there that I'm not seeing? I'm always interested to read about vaccines (either side of the debate) so I'm wondering if I'm missing it.

I think there's a lot of disgusting stuff in vaccines. I was pretty surprised when I read through some of the CDC vaccine ingredient lists and looked up what the things actually were! But I personally can't bring myself not to vaccinate. Never even seriously considered it. You just have to try not to choose the worst evil in your own belief, I guess!

Good luck with your decision!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I intend to vaccinate my LO.  He has had all his other vaccines, up until now.  I just don't like that the only factor vaccines seem to go by is the birthdate.  I think weight should be another factor that is included.  I should have stated above, I intend on getting my LO the MMR vaccine.  I was just debating delaying it a couple of months.
  • fireflygirl12fireflygirl12 member
    edited December 2013
    Ugh, my Bump is all effed up. I tried to link the Penn and Teller vaccines video because I love it, but it won't let me even put the web address without an error message.
  • We have a saying in our family. "Shots are better than sick." I hate when my LOs have a cold, let alone something worse. I also couldn't handle the guilt of my child contracting a disease that I might have been able to prevent with a vaccine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There is literally a measles outbreak in two cities within 3 hours of me and we have been told it's all in people who haven't been vaccinated.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Autism is not related to the MMR vaccine. It's also not a death sentence, but measles(which is experiencing a resurgence thanks to anti vaccers) can be. I would rather have a live autistic child than a dead one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Well, I asked for comments/concerns/feelings/opinions and I got them.  It is just my own personal belief that weight should be considered, as well as age.  My LO has always been in the lower percentile for weight.  I guess that I just personally feel that I wish he were a little bit bigger before each vaccine virus enters his body.  I don't agree with the system having a more intense reaction to the vaccines.  That is one of the reasons I have decided to break up the vaccines.  When my LO is receiving a multi dose vaccine like the TDap or the MMR, I will do those alone and come back as soon as the DR recommends for the other vaccines.  Today my son received his MMR, so I have to go back for his Chicken Pox vaccine in 28 days.  I understand that doctors have gone to school and been educated a great extent on these topics.  However, I feel that I have to be comfortable with the choices being made for my children in addition to the facts received from my pediatrician.  Not everyone may agree with my choices, but I need to do what I feel is best for my children.  

• Yes,I changed the title which read "MMR and Autism" and the first sentence which read, "I'm a little nervous". Didn't think it was that big of a deal. I don't think people are being too harsh. I'm explaining myself as people are commenting and asking questions. I was just looking for thoughts and opinions. I know the link between the MMR vaccine and Autism was unfounded and proven to be false. However, it still made me think about negative outcomes. Sorry for editing my post. It will never happen again.
  • DD didn't get any shots at her 15 month appt. She will be getting them at 18 months. If weight is a concern to you, ask if you can delay mmr till later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Here's my favorite video about vaccines/autism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo.
  • Ugh, my Bump is all effed up. I tried to link the Penn and Teller vaccines video because I love it, but it won't let me even put the web address without an error message.
    ETA: Fixed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"