June 2013 Moms

anyone giving LO Baby mum mums?

SIL gave LO some for Christmas. Just curious if anyone has tried these and if LO enjoyed them. Don't know if I want to start all these snacks. Her daughter snacks all the time and thet struggle to get her to sit down and do meals
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: anyone giving LO Baby mum mums?

• Yup, she likes them, but they are messy. I just break off smaller pieces for her (big enough for her to hold though). I love that she likes then and it keeps her entertained and involved with mealtime with us. I usually only give them to her at dinner time or if we're at a restaurant. We got the banana ones.
  • My LO has some and loves them! The first couple of times were a little scary for me but he's starting to get the hang of it. We've only tried the banana ones.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol. I love you @ballet513

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Yes. Ben loves them. They're a bit messy, though.

@nykkolaughs, I get not wanting to give LO unnecessary additives, but if you really want to get technical, do YOU eat refined sugar and salt? If so, your LO is getting it via your milk anyway...

Benjamin Eric. Born 5.17.13

6 lbs, 10 oz. 19 inches. 36 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Hey, it is sea salt though. ::trying to cut the tension::

I agree with Ballet513, more ends up on her or in the high chair than ingested. I just love having her participate with us at dinner time. We also feed her a veggie, but it is all hands on deck during feeding time for her, so we usually feed her after we're done eating.
  • We do the Plum Organic Yums. I like them better because they can be broken into small sticks making them smaller.
  • We do the Plum Organic Yums. I like them better because they can be broken into small sticks making them smaller.

Exactly this.

• We have them but I had them with a fiery passion.  That shit turns to quick drying cement and is nearly impossible to scrub off baby or high chair.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• My lo loves mum mums. I get that we all try to give good things to our babies and limit bad things. But I don't see the big deal with giving these mum mums. It's not like I'm giving him a bowl of icing and potato chips. We give our little guy mum mums after dinner sometimes. We limit them though as it tends to make him constipated.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • We give her the organic ones occasionally, it helps distract her while I eat dinner, she loves them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @elmoali maybe I'm doing something wrong, but we give LO challah bread and she LOVES it. She self feeds, it distractes her while we eat, turns to mush, but no cement. We even tried putting a little sun dried tomato spread on it this week. She doesn't swallow much of it, but can gum the same pieces forever.

• The plum organics are great. I think they dissolve better and we've had zero gagging. I like to give them to her while I clean the kitchen or cook because she's hanging out in the kitchen.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Plum organic Yums here and puffs.

• Yup, just started this week with the original ones. I do limit how many bc they do have sugar and salt.

• Kellen we have these...image
  • @jancandance i got that box of Yums (in that flavor and another) but not the puffs...next shopping trip they will be on my list!

• Also, adorable picture!!! ;)

• @KellenHi21 and @JANCANDANCE, my LO can't quite grasp the puffs yet. Meh. No biggie.
  • Kellen I didn't even realize, I oops... :\">
  • Maybe I should let LO try some puffs. The whole gagging and choking thing scares the buhjeezus out of me though. How has everyone else's LO done with the puffs?
    image imageimageimage
  • JANCANDANCEJANCANDANCE member
    edited December 2013
    Harper can't really grab them but somehow manages to eat them. The crackers dissolve so quickly ColieAnn that almost no gagging happens.
  • Thank you @jancandance. I'll try some tomorrow. I doubt he'll be able to really grab them but practice makes perfect!
    image imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"