TTC After a Loss

af AGAIN two weeks after post-loss af??? (loss mentioned)UPDATE!!!

2ndGeneration2ndGeneration member
edited December 2013 in TTC After a Loss
losses mentioned*

I'm kind of aggravated! I had a m/c around Nov 20th, AF on Dec 11 and got af again yesterday?!? WTF??? (excuse the language!) Two weeks?  Sheesh, I'm 42 and this is hard on my body.

Is this at all normal? I've had two other losses (one this year and one many years ago) and went right back to regular monthy cycles-not like this. I didn't expect to concieve quickly but didn't expect THIS either...

***UPDATE***   I called my ob this morning and spoke to the nurse, who didn't seem overly concerned about the af-she said if it happened again she'd be concerned but she thought it was part of my cycle regulating. I mentioned my age ( I've only actually been to this ob once, last month, my midwifes referred me so I could get RPL testing) and she said she didn't think I was in peri-menopause since I had recently been pregnant. We discussed the RPL results some more (I was still numb mentally when I got the results weeks ago) and they are normal. She said, the only thing I could do for you here is to prescribe bcp to regulate you and you probably don't want that (said nicely, um yeah of course not).
 I said, what would YOU do next? She said-I'd see a reproductive endocrinologist, at your age you have no time to waste. Do you want a referral? HECK YA!  So now I have an appt for Jan at (mystateuniversity) center for (this stuff).  And I got it on a day that dh can come too!!!  Thank you @PinkCamino for telling me to call and advocate for myself!!!  I'm pumped, at least now I can get information and options and see where I'm at, and have info needed to make decisions about how/if to proceed. Looking forward to the New Year now!!!

Re: af AGAIN two weeks after post-loss af??? (loss mentioned)UPDATE!!!

• I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I don't have any experience with something like this. But, I think a call to your doctor is in order. FX for you!
  •  You do think I should call the doc? I wasn't sure, I don't know if this is normal or not. Seems like I hear of ladies who take a long time to GET af, but not of getting it so much like I have.
  • Loading the player...
  •  You do think I should call the doc? I wasn't sure, I don't know if this is normal or not. Seems like I hear of ladies who take a long time to GET af, but not of getting it so much like I have.
    I absolutely think you should call your doctor. It might be hormonal and absolutely nothing to worry about but it's always best to hear that from your doctor. Best of luck, let us know how it goes.
  • I think you are right, I will call tomorrow. I hope they don't blow me off-I don't feel I get taken seriously by medical folks because I'm TTC and 'so old' . My friends who are around my age are all in peri-menopause and hardly even get af. I'm glad I have this board!!!
  • I think you are right, I will call tomorrow. I hope they don't blow me off-I don't feel I get taken seriously by medical folks because I'm TTC and 'so old' . My friends who are around my age are all in peri-menopause and hardly even get af. I'm glad I have this board!!!
    You need to advocate for yourself.

I know we haven't really had the opportunity to "talk" much on the board and you probably don't know my history well but I really struggled with doctors blowing me off. My first loss maybe could have been avoided had my doctor taken my concerns seriously. After living through something like that I've learned that you are your best advocate and when something isn't right you need to push and fight to find someone who will listen. Promise me you'll make that call and speak to someone who will hear you out okay?

I'm sure it's likely related to wonky hormones. But, when it comes to something like this that is out of the ordinary it's always best to play it safe. Let me know what they say to you okay?

• I will call first thing tomorrow (since it seems very typical af-no gushing or fever or anything like that) and thank you for your good advice (((hugs))). I will update here.

I'm sorry for your losses. I often read on my phone and cant see siggies so kind of don't 'know' ladies very well, although I want to read up more here now that this crazy month is almost over. with the loss last month, and Dec being a crazy month and busiest at work, and now my body acting crazy...I should check out that crazy train thread lol to see if it's the same kind of train I'm thinking of!
  • As always, Pink C's advice is spot on. I'm sorry this is happening. All kinds of strange things can happen with our cycles after loss, but regardless of age you have every right to seek your doctor's insights and get a prompt and helpful response. I hope you get some answers. ((HUGS)).
  • This very same thing happened to me! I had a 17 day cycle after my loss (and I have a long period so i only had 11 days of not bleeding in a month). Mine was due to hormonal issues but definitely call your dr to make sure! When I contacted mine she saw me right away! ((Hugs)) I hope you get some answers soon!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

BFP #1 - 6-2009 - edd 1-23-10 - mmc - discovered by u/s @ 13wks 2days - D&C
    BFP #2 - 10-15-2010 - Baby boy born 6-11-11
    BFP#3 - 6-2013 - edd 2-21-14 -mmc discovered by u/s @ 9 wks - D&C
    BFP #4 - 3-10-14 - edd 11-19-14 - natural miscarriage 4-10-14
    BFP #5 - 8-24-14 - edd 5-5-15 - Please be our RAINBOW!!! <3
    U/S 9-30 - baby measuring right on track, heart rate of 155bpm
    U/S 10-8 & 10-14 - baby is growing perfectly!
    10-20 - 151 bpm 10-31 153 bpm
    11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
    12-11 & 12-18 - 144 bpm everything looked great at recheck of a/s
  • @Courtney1741, if I may ask-what all did the doc do? Bloodwork? Did they do anything more? Curious as to what to expect.
  • Mine ran blood work, and she also did an ultrasound (as i was freaked out that i was hemoraging or had retained tissue- I think she may have done this to oblige me!) Everything came back normal for me. My Dr is very thorough and caring though and often does things to make sure my anxiety doesn't kick in!

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
  • Oh I also should mention I had a d and c... Not sure if you did or had a natural miscarriage.

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
  • I agree with PP. I've had normal cycles my entire life but since my D&C I've had super short cycles. I pushed my doc to do another ultrasound on 12/24 and he said that everything looked great so my issues are definitely hormonal. I felt better knowing there wasn't anything seriously wrong.

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Thank you ladies for your responses! I posted an update up top! : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"