3rd Trimester

c-section hospital clothes gown vs yoga pants

rascus15rascus15 member
edited December 2013 in 3rd Trimester

I already know I am having a c-section. I have seen a lot of lists as to what to pack for the hospital.  My question is for the STM that have had c-sections.  I keep getting conflicting advice about type of clothes to pack.  Some have said gown or night shirt while others have said large t-shirt and yoga pants that won't touch incision. (I love my yoga pants)  In your opinion which would be better?

Edit to add-  I am not in 3rd tri yet, but I know that this is something you ladies are preparing for now, or will be preparing for soon :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: c-section hospital clothes gown vs yoga pants

• I didn't bring/own a gown with my c/s for DS.  I just wore sweat pants that weren't low rise.  The underwear were my main concern, so I bought granny panties (high rise) and stuck a sanitary pad to the inside of them against where my incision was so that it wouldn't rub and that would absorb any drainage.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I brought a nightgown and robe to wear in the hospital after I had showered. At home I wore big granny panties and the yoga pants with the waist that folds down, only I pulled the waist all the way up.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • boymomstrongboymomstrong member
    edited December 2013
    In the hospital i wore the gown they give you, no need to do more laundry than necessary, at home i wore the support panties so that nothing would rub or hurt and then my yoga pants over them...
    Also for the first 3 mo i only wore clothes if i was going out or had people over, you spend a lot of time with your shirt off and it just seemed like why bother with pants? :) good luck...

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Hospital gown while I was staying there, with the underwear the hospital provided (which was quite comfortable and I could just toss it after.  For the trip home I wore a nursing tank and my biggest loose yoga pants with the fold over pulled way up.  I also purchased this https://csectionrecoverykit.com/products/c-section-recovery-kit.html
    I was so thankful to have this wrap and felt like I was able to walk.  For me the recovery was not what I expected, I wasn't able to get in or out of the shower by myself, If I went to the bathroom, and my underwear fell to the floor I wasn't able to pull them up, my husband pretty much had to help me get dressed for the 1st week.  I only shuffled around, fed baby, and tried to rest as much as possible.  Good luck.

• Both times, I preferred to wear the hospital gowns and hospital underwear until I went home. I was happy to have them deal with stains and mess! I'm sure the ladies on the c section board will have good advice too.
  • I wore the hospital gown while in the hospital. When we went home I wore a maternity dress.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • After my surgery, I changed into yoga pants and tank top. I was way more comfy in my own clothes
  • I think I was more comfy and I felt better wearing my own clothes vs the gown..however, you have a pad on the size of Texas and I felt like everyone could see the huge diaper sized pad with my form fitting yoga pants, so I wore my hubbys PJ pants and sweat pants ith a nursing tank top.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I stayed in the gown while there despite bringing my own clothes. Had I opted for something, it would have been a night gown over yoga pants and again, granny panties.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • slwprincessslwprincess member
    edited December 2013
    I hate gowns and wanted pants as soon as they would let me. There is no way to get out of bed without flashing the room! I prefer pjs with elastic waist. I pair those with a nursing tank and either a matching button up pj top over the tank when I'm cold or just a light sweater. Mesh panties there- wore granny panties home. I wear yoga pants going in and usually wear the same pair going home.

• I didn't use the clothes from home last time but this time I want to try it. The good thing about using their stuff is that I did bleed on one of their gowns and I was glad it wasn't my own, and also I liked how the hospital gowns snapped open and folded down at the shoulders for easy nursing access. I'm packing a gown, baggy sweats, and loose jammie pants. I will probably use the gown the most beause I liked using the hospitsl's mesh underwear paired with these cooling ice pack sanitary napkins they gave me, which were my best friend after an episiotomy. I would think wearing their underwear and pads under sweats or lounge pants might feel weird and bulky so the cotton nursing nightgown seems like a better option to me. My whole attitude while in the hospital was kind of like "whatever" but I'd like to attempt to be more comfortable and look a little nicer this time around haha.

• I wore the hospital gown the whole time. I can't imagine having worn anything snug like yoga pants. I do wish I'd brought a lightweight robe for those walks down the hall, though. After I got home, I wore large flannel pj pants for the first week or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"