Preemies

Pregnant & TTC After A Preemie 12/27/13

Welcome to the check in group for Pregnant After Preemie! This group is also for those who are actively trying to conceive, planning on it, or just thinking about it...

So, list your first name, due date if you're pregnant or ttc timeline, preemie's name and gestational age at birth as well as the reason for their prematurity.

------------------------------------------------

Last week Updates:

Welcome back to MrsLaurenandDan who is on the TTC list for baby #3.

Jenstwins: passed last pg milestone-yay! She is currently 28w3d and her cervix is less than 1cm so she had a pessary placed and is on bed rest. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers

mrsdbc: all is well even after a mysterious bleeding incident; will start P17 shots soon

-----------------------------------------------

Pregnant:

SweetPeaKate: DS Liam born at 30 weeks due to HELLP; Baby #2 EDD 01/24/14

GirlyGirl319, Danielle-DS was born at 33w4d due to infection in placenta; Baby #2 EDD 02/12/14

Alphaphi98: DD Madeline born at 32 weeks due to unexplained pPROM; Baby #2 EDD 02/24/14 

Jenstwins: DS Declan born at 27 weeks due to an abruption, chorio or incompetent cervix - or some combination of the 3; Baby #2 and #3 EDD 3/2014

Heather1979, Heather - DD Olivia, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM/pre-e, DS George born full term; Baby #3 EDD 3/10/14

sabs0629: Sabrina-DS Noah was born at 28 weeks due to unexplained PTL; Baby #2 EDD 3/28/14

Bluebird2318: DD Skye was born at 29 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP; Baby #2 EDD 4/23/14

ktshafra, Kristin: has a septate uterus; DD1 full term; DD2 born at 33w6d due to PROM; DD3 due 4/30/14

ShannonSky, Shannon - DD Ellie, born at 33 weeks due to pPROM; DD2 born full term;Baby #3 EDD 05/05/14

MinaE01: DS born at 32w3d due to spontaneous PTL; Baby #2 EDD 5/16/14

rslhmg: DD born at 32 weeks due to hellp, baby #2 EDD 5/28/14

mrsdbc (formerly KettBride): DS born 32w5d cause unknown; baby #2 EDD 6/22/14

danalawrence: DD1 and DD2 born at 31w5d due to spontaneous labor; Baby #2 EDD 6/29/14

TTCing:

MrsLaurenandDan: DS Owen born at 33w5d due to PTL; DS2 Noah was stillborn at 19w4d after a terminal diagnosis

meganole25: Megan, DS Cooper born at 31 weeks due to unexplained PTL

takmjs: DD was born at 30 weeks due to my bicornuate uterus, incompetent cervix, and PTL

gwapes: Lauren; DS Benjamin born born at 34w5d due to PTL

monkey1988: DD born at 23w6d due to placental abruption

jullybean: DD was born at 29 weeks due to IUGR

CTBride79: DS Gavin born at weeks due to IUGR and pre-e

Babymaxwell513: DS born at 30 weeks due to IC

michelleigh24: Jasper born at 36 weeks, due to short cervix, heavy bleeding through out pregnancy.

*Sweet Pea*, Jamie - DD Skylar, born at 29 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP

Thinking about/Planning on TTCing:

Kadyra: DS born at 36 weeks due to severe IUGR, DS was born at 32 weeks

megs2011: DD1 and DD2 born at 34 weeks due to pree, HELLP, and IUGR

aquariogirl: my DS was born at 31 weeks on due to severe and sudden pre-e onset

pinotgirl: DD born at 32 weeks due to asymmetrical IUGR which was caused by velementous cord insertion

PhillyGal34: DS Evan born at 31 weeks due to severe pree

lolen88, Lauren: DS Tanner, born at 32 weeks due to unknown causes

OscarQ-: Alison, TTC in 2012, DS Kevin born at 26 weeks due to pre-e.

GLGB: DS was born at 33 weeks due to unexplained preterm labor

nayandjosh: Renee- DS, Christian, born at 27 weeks due to abruption, TTC fall 2012

Mybb: DS born at 28w1d due to severe pre-eclampsia

APRILYN501: DD Kaylee born at 32 weeks 3 days after PROM

Ajgibson: Janeen, DD born at 25 weeks due to eclampsia. Pregnancy #2 ended in miscarriage

cfitz16: DS was born at 36 weeks due to pre-term labor. DD was born at 34 weeks when my water broke after being monitored closely, pelvic rest and progesterone shots.  

Mommies (again)!

hjweber- DD Hannah born 34w5d due to spontaneous PTL; DD Ava born full term

vsalt31: DS Henry born at 31w3d due to unexplained prom; DD Camille born at 35w2d due to PROM but no NICU time

CurlingRocks, DS was born at 31w 3d due to officially to PTL following pPROM at 28w, but mama was on SBR for 6 months due to SCH, FVL, and Placental Abruption at 13w 4d; DD was a MMC delivered at 18w due to septate uterus; DD born full term

adamnkel: DD born at 35 weeks due to pre-e; DD2 Madeline born full term

L&R70707: DS born 34w6days due to unexplained PTL; DD Elizabeth born full term

Sdtchica13, Carrie: DD Corrine Reese born at 29 weeks 6 days due to a placental abruption and pPROM; DS Gavin Lucas born full term

tlk432: Trish-DS born at 34w5d weeks due to pProm and IC; DS2 born full term

Punky917: DS Noah born at 26 weeks due to pPROM; DD Max born full term

TriciaandSean: DS Kieran born at 34w5d weeks PTL; DS Bryce born full term

BabyRolston1: Lindy:DD Natalie born at 29w5d due to pre-e, DS Zachary born full term

Mommy2CB, Kristin: DS born at 33 weeks 5 days due to PTL, DS2 born full term

komurphy: DS & DD born at 27 weeks; DS born at 31 weeks due to bulging membranes and threat of a prolapsed cord

jteneback: DD was born at 34w3d after pPROM; DS was born at 35 weeks

sucrets4, Danielle: DD Emmalynn born at 33 weeks due to pPROM, DD#2 born at 35w5d due to Pprom

kelly321: DD was born at 34w1d due to HELLP, DD#2 born full term

IncogNeato: DD born at 36 weeks due to PPROM, DD#2 born full term

light52: DS2 was born at 35w5d for no known reason, #3 born at 35w4d

ericalee27, Erica: DS Quinn born at 35w4d due to pre-e; DS born full term

eSynergy: DS was born at 36 weeks for unexplained reasons; DS born full term

Cara03, Cara: DS Jacob born at 24 weeks due to IC;  DS Lucas born at 36w2d

Angie637: DS Peyton born at 33 weeks due to pPROM. #2 and #3 born at 35w due to PPROM

Lucy460, Lucy: DS born at 35w4d due to HELLP, DD born at 36 weeks

Delphiaraven, Stacey: DS born at 34 weeks due to PROM, DS born full term

Lili_h, Lili: DS Matthew born at 34 weeks 4 days due to PTL. DD born full term

Amercana- identical twin girls born at 34 weeks 5 days, DS born full term

Wally3, Eve- DS Johnny born 34w 3 days PROM, DS#2 born full term. 

MeNV-Mel, Phinny born @ 34 weeks after water broke due to large fibroids, DS#2 born at 34w.

Damabo80- DD#1 born at 31w due to HELLP/pre-e. DS born full term

katieguth- DD Melanie born at 31 weeks due to Severe Pre-E. DS born 8/15/12.

nat6102006-first DD born at 32 weeks due to shortened cervix/unknown preterm labor; DS born full term!

crazyanimals- DS, born 30w 1 day due to PTL then PROM, DS #2 born full term!

SnowPea25 - DS Baby N, born at 32 weeks due to severe pre-e. DD Baby A born full term!

KatFco- Katrina, DD Abby, 23w6d, unknown reason, DS, born FULL TERM!

weezie825 - DD, born at 33 weeks due to pPROM, DS born full term!

IrishSapphire- DS Aidan born close to 31 weeks (was not given a reason for him coming early), DD Noelle Elizabeth born at 34 weeks 6 days

becketts - DD Norah, born at 34 weeks due to severe pre-e, DD#2 born at 35w due to IGUR

jcsntms06, Jen - DD Annabelle, born at 33 weeks due to pre-e, DD#2 born 34w due to PTL

jaxlynn - DD Leigh, born at 35 weeks due to HELLP, DS born full term

Kimberlyd546 - DS Alex, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e , DS born full term

faeriequeeneonwow, Melissa - DD Sophie Jean, born at 30 weeks due to non-immune fetal hydrops, low amniotic fluid, and pre-e, DS born full term 1/26/12

alaratta1-DD Sophia born at 31 weeks due to PTL. DS born full term on 1/6/12

beachykeen1723, Rachel - DS Cooper, born at 30 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, DD born at 36 weeks

beyoga, Deidre - DS Reid, born at 24 weeks due to unkown causes, DD born full term

albertabride06 - DS Dylan, born at 32 weeks due to short cervix/PTL, DD born full term!

kar5162 - DS, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM, DD born full term!

mrsmikey, April - DS Eli, born at 32 weeks due to pPROM, DD born full term!

ijack, Ivory - DD Emma, born at 29 weeks due to placental abruption, DD #2 Quinn born full term!

njkaren, Karen - DS Brandon, born at 26 weeks due to fetal distress due to twin's loss at 20 weeks, DS #2 Wesley born full term!

LittleD8081 (formerly mrsfriend), Dawn Marie - DS Parker, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM, DS #2 Braden born full term!

justme04 - DS Ryker, born at 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP Syndrome, DS #2 Max born at full term!

lemen99, Kathy - DS Andrew, born at 26 weeks due to IC, DS #2 Elliott born at 35 weeks due to PTL and an unknown rash!

kamcfarlane, Kate - DS Ryan, born at 32 weeks due to placenta previa, DD Ellen born full term!

ctrickey03, Christina - DS #1 Michael, born full term, DS #2 Christian, born at 32 weeks due to polyhydraminos and IUGR, DS #3 Benjamin, born full term, DD Serenity born full term!

luvdv8 - DD, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM, DD #2 Elizabeth born full term!

Clotho!, Janet - DS Robbie, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e, DS #2 Simon, born at 34 weeks due to PIH and PTL, DS #3 Charles, born at 35 weeks due to PIH

mek10976, Megan - DS Simon, born at 32 weeks due to pre-e/pPROM, DS #2 born full term!

sweetpea18, Sara - DD Reese, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e, DD #2 Grier born full term!

magdalina.h, Maggie - angel baby Aidan, born at 28 weeks due to failed cord, DS #2 Lucas born full term!

Hailie, Meg - DS Nolan, born at 33 weeks due to pPROM, DD Maren born full term!

FemmeNat01, Natasha - DD Elena and DS Lucas, born at 33 weeks due to severe pre-e, DD#2 Alessandra born at 31 weeks due to HELLP/placental abruption

Gwenypher7, Jen - DD Abigail, born at 32 weeks due to HELLP/IUGR, DS Cullen born full term!

Heather1979, Heather - DD Olivia, born at 34 weeks due to pPROM/pre-e, DS George born full term!

Tierelieber, Stephanie - DD Charden, born at 30 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, DD#2 Adrienne born full term!

IAM4UK - DD Katie, born at 33 weeks due to pre-e/IUGR, twins Abigail and Emily born full term!

Sweets2005, Katie - DD Abby and DS Brady, born at 32 weeks due to placenta previa/bleeding, DD #2 born full term!

mrssnflwr - DD born at 32 weeks due to unexplained PTL, DS born at 36 weeks!

ShanaNChris, Shana - DD Lily, born at 31 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, DS Liam born full term!

Luvpinsanity, Ashley - DS Brennan, born at 35 weeks due to PTL, DD Addison born full term!

FaithRocks, Kelly - DS Trig, born at 32 weeks due to pre-e, PTL, and placental abruption, DS #2 Grayson born at 35 weeks!

Denesdia, Diane - DD Zoey, born at 25 weeks due to PTL, DS Ben born at 35 weeks!

sabloja - DS Hayden, born at 30 weeks due to pPROM, DD Madison born at 36 weeks!

RRHsMom - DS Ryan, born at 35-36 weeks, DD Meghan born full term!

msalinardi, Margot - DD Angelina, born at 26 weeks due to pre-e, DS Vincent born at 35 weeks due to pre-e, IUGR!

Aidge, Adrienne - DS Sam, born at 29 weeks, DS #2 Ben, born at 35 weeks!

mhop, Martha - DD Campbell, born at 27 weeks due to pre-e, DD #2 Maggie born full term

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant & TTC After A Preemie 12/27/13

• It's a milestone that I made it to 32 weeks since baby #1 Madeline was born at this time last year. I had a dr appt last week and everything is looking good. Baby is already head down. I'm not going back to work since my dr already put me on pelvic rest for the remainder of this pregnancy to be cautious. Hoping to go full term this time. Thanks!
  • Won't have an actual update until Tuesday, but I'm feeling good. We're hoping to catch a peek at los gender Tuesday, I'm getting excited and impatient to know lol! On the plus side, even if we don't get a peek then it will only be another week before we know for sure. Started monitoring my bp at home, so far so good, a tad on the low side, but we think the baby aspirin may be the cause there. We will be 20 weeks Tuesday as well, and I'm hoping the next 20 go as smoothly as the first, I'm really looking forward to being huge and uncomfortable pregnant this time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Still pregnant…@ 37 weeks!! Still *relatively* comfortable…I keep waiting for the misery to kick in, but it hasn't happened. :)   I spent 5 hours in the hospital Sunday night due to contractions every 3-4 minutes, but they never strengthened from there and I wasn't progressing, so they stopped the contractions and here I sit with a lengthy list of drs. appts for the next couple weeks.

Doing twice weekly NST's and a growth ultrasound next week to check for possible IUGR. (I'll admit, I'm kinda hoping that the baby is small enough to consider for an early delivery {38.5-39 weeks}, because frankly I can't take this emotional roller coaster anymore!)

• Hey ladies! I'm so glad I stumbled across this. I almost feel like I can breathe.

I have 15 month old twin girls who were born a day shy of 30 weeks. No reason - just BAM! And babies came flying out within 8 hours.

Anyway, we just found out we are expecting and of course I'm extremely concerned.
  • Had my first growth ultrasound today (24w5day--past viability, yay!) and their guess was 1 lb. 15 oz. which is good! (DD was a small 2 pounds when she was born at 29 weeks.) My BP is also good and low (108/68), even when compared to normal pregnancies at this gestation which the MFM doc said was a good sign. So far I have every reason to be hopeful, but we will see. 4 weeks and 2 days until my milestone for when DD was born. 

Best of luck, everyone! 

@alphalphi98 It sounds like you are doing well so far! Congrats on passing your milestone!

@SweetPeaKate Yay for 37 weeks! It won't be long now; I hope you have an easy labor and a happy, healthy baby!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Unless baby had its business tucked up high between where its legs were crossed, we're having another girl!!! The legs were somewhat in the way, but dr could see enough to feel confident our anatomy scan next week will confirm its a girl! Otherwise, everything is good, good growth, my stats are good. We're looking good for another healthy 20 weeks.
  • flerlgirlflerlgirl member
    edited January 2014
    I haven't participated in this thread before - it's nice to be on this board for a reason other than updating you about my son's hospital stay :)

I am flerlgirl (FN is Kristen), due 6/10/14 with my second (a girl!). DS, Joshua, was born at 26 weeks due to complications from pre-e, resulting in IUGR and reversed blood flow to the placenta. He was in the NICU for 115 days and is still on O2. 

I'll be totally honest and say that this new baby was a complete and total surprise. DH and I had just agreed that we wanted to wait maybe four or five years before TTC #2, just to give ourselves some time to recoup and all, but I guess God had other plans. I am getting more and more nervous the closer I get to 26 weeks. DS was born only 10 hours after we knew there was a problem and it was all so fast and I just don't know if I can do it again. I see a MFM this time and am monitored closely but it's just freaking me out. I'm sure many of you can relate. Anyway, I'm glad to have this check-in and I look forward to hearing about all of your new LO's (and hopefully not seeing pics of them until at least 37 weeks :) ). 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• @flerlgirl We are quite similar. My DD was born at 29 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP and her growth was restricted as well (though I don't think to the point that she was technically considered IUGR)--she was 2 pounds at 29 weeks. She too was born within 10 hours of diagnosis. I'm seeing an MFM this time as well, with monthly growth ultrasounds that started at 24 weeks. I definitely get what you mean about stressing as the milestone approaches! Does your MFM have you taking the baby aspirin? FX for a healthy, full term baby! 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thought I'd aske here rather than start a new thread. Any of you had someone ask if your pregnancy this time around was easier since you've had a preemie and are prepared it could happen again? I got asked that today by a friend. She asked out of genuine concern, but still kind of struck a nerve. I couldn't really think of how to explain to her that its a lot more stressful this time around, everything is going fantastic so far with this pregnancy, so I don't really know how to explain why its stressful and scary knowing what could happen.
  • @bluebird2318, we are totes twinsies. Josh was 1.5 pounds at 26 weeks; all the cool babies are small! :) The MFM does have me taking aspirin, which he said should really lower the chances of it happening again. And, as my OB so eloquently put it, this child has the same "baby daddy" (aka my husband), which is supposed to lower the chances of pre-e, too. Is there anything besides the aspiring they have you doing? Best of luck to you and the new LO!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• @flerlgirl and @bluebird2318 even though I'm not pregnant or TTC (for a few more years!) I always follow this thread. I was just researching yesterday the chances of pre-e/HELLP for subsequent pregnancies and it seems like the odds are low, especially if it's the same dad and you're on the baby aspirin and being closely monitored. It really worries me, though! I feel like not planning it like your little girl, @flerlgirl is the way to go so I won't obsessively worry about it beforehand!! My Ts&Ps are with you both & the other pregnant ladies on this board. It's my dream to have a full term pregnancy and "normal" birth!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Hey all! I'm new to the group. I'm expecting my first, and our Due Date is March 3. However, I've been told at our last appointment that suddenly the baby wasn't gaining that belly fat it needs. Everything else is on track size-wise (head, brain, limbs, etc), so we are hopeful we'll make it a little longer and keep the bun in the oven as long as possible. It's an issue with the placenta possibly, but we aren't sure yet. 

I wanted to join the group though since I'm now preparing myself for the fact that the baby may have to come out sooner than anticipated if it doesn't gain weight and health starts to go downhill, where it would be better to get the baby out. I am nervous but hopeful that we'll make it with the baby in there a little longer so he or she can develop more. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"