Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Breakfast / lunch ideas

Just looking for some new ideas for breakfast/ lunch for my 13 month old. I feel like I always give her the same stuff

Re: Breakfast / lunch ideas

• diana.filipidiana.filipi member
    edited December 2013
    I understand!  I get so tired of my basic menu sometimes.  I do a sit down breakfast and dinner every day so I am always looking for something to add that my family will enjoy.  Are there foods you don't serve your 13m old?  Foods you still avoid?

Breakfast staples at our house are: scrambled eggs, toast with cream cheese, pancakes (I add a bunch of stuff to mine to add protein), waffles, breakfast meats like sausage and bacon and ham, egg casseroles, fresh fruit like oranges, grapefruits, banana

Lunch is often leftovers from dinner or they have a couple heavy snacks and call it fed enough for lunch ;-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We typically do 1-2 fruits, sometimes yogurt, and dry cereal for breakfast.  Occasionally we'll do english muffins or toast, eggs, etc. but DD tends to prefer her fruit over anything else, so I keep it simple.

Lunch is either leftovers or sandwiches and fruit/veggies.  DD loves grilled cheese right now.

Snacks include string cheese, crackers, applesauce, yogurt, cheddar cheese cubes, fruit, veggies (she loves cucumbers, peas, and green beans at the moment, but typically eats what we put in front of her).

Dinner is whatever is on sale at the grocery store that week :)  we do a lot of baked pasta stuff that lasts 2-3 nights because it's hard for us to find time to make dinner with DH and I both working full time.  She loves baked ziti, baked spaghetti, etc.  Baked chicken and potatoes/veggies... Chicken quesadillas... Tacos... We try to mix it up to keep from getting bored, but I'm a slave to grocery sales!
  • Loading the player...
  • We do cereal, scrambled eggs, burritos, yogurt, fruit, and pancakes a lot for breakfast. 

Lunch is usually grilled cheese or pb&j or nutella sandwiches, quesadillas, or some kind of soup... lentil, chili, etc. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Breakfast is usually fresh fruit (he loves fruit and sometimes eats a whole cup of it at breakfast), plus plain cheerios.  On weekends, we do homemade muffins in place of cheerios.  Wish this kid would eat eggs but he doesn't.  Once in a blue moon we make pancakes or French toast from scratch on weekends - obviously that is a treat and  he doesn't get it every day.

Lunch tends to be leftovers from dinner the night before.  Or grilled cheese and cold cuts with frozen veggies.  
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"