3rd Trimester

37.5 weeks-brownish discharge

amalloy1amalloy1 member
edited December 2013 in 3rd Trimester

There was no blood at all, just a sludgy brownish discharge yesterday & I somehow can't remember having this before my daughter was born.  I only remember what it was like when my water broke. Is this the mucus plug? I'm embarrassed that I don't know!!!  I feel fine, no cramping & lots of movement from the baby... & does it mean labor is coming this week? I go back to the Dr. on Monday so I'll ask then, but just curious about your experiences.

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: 37.5 weeks-brownish discharge

• That is not a for sure labour sign.  Could be a little bit of old blood from the last time you had sex, which goes brown over time.  Doesn't sound like your mucus plug. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have heard of only some of the mucous plug coming out at a time. It can also create more mucous for the plug.

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Could have been part of ur plug. U don't always see it so with DD u prob missed it. I never saw it with my DD either so not entirely sure. But from what I've read, that is what it sounds like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"