High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cyst on the Umbilical cord 12w5d

I just has my second ultrasound today today for them to try to measure the back of the neck for the  NT test. Both times, the baby was facing the wrong way, so they said they were unable to complete the test for the second time.  Then the doctor came in and told me that they had found a cyst on the umbilical cord.

We have already had 2 previous pregnancies with chromosomal problems (triploidy twice), and all I keep reading on google (I know, BAD idea) is about chromosome abnormalities when a cyst is found.

I am currently 12 w and 5 days. They had us complete a NIPT test instead. Anyone had a cyst on the UC or problems with them getting the NT test? They said the baby is measuring fine. So worried! Thanks!

Re: Cyst on the Umbilical cord 12w5d

• Options
    I had a cyst on my umbilical cord, I think it was found around 30 weeks. They kept an eye on it- measured it each time to make sure it wasn't getting larger (it didn't). In the end, it wasn't an issue- DD was healthy and nothing else was ever said about it. I know this isn't exactly your situation, but hopefully you'll have the same outcome.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Thank you so much! That is reassuring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"