Toddlers: 24 Months+

Cloudy/Milky Urine, Leg Pain, Fever

Let me preface this by saying I have an appointment for my son this afternoon. But of course my mind is wandering and I am googling symptoms (not a good idea)!

My 3 year old has been potty trained for about 1.5 months now. My grandmother noticed about a month ago that his urine was very cloudy (one time)....of course, I thought it was her eyes going bad and the fact that she cleans with that powdery Comet stuff and never wipes it off good enought........and I had never noticed it so didnt think it was a big deal. Well over the past two days I noticed his urine is very milky/cloudy looking, especially the beginning of the stream. He also had a fever last week but I gave him some motrin and he was fine the next day so I just figured he was fighting off a small virus or something. Then the past few days I noticed the cloudy urine and he has also been pulling on his penis. And the past two nights he woke up with leg pain. Do you think its a UTI?    Anyone have any experience with this? What else could it be? Kidney Stones?  The leg pain worries me. Well, the whole situation worries me actually!

TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cloudy/Milky Urine, Leg Pain, Fever

• I had a ton of UTIs as a kid (I have a tilted bladder that does not empty completely) and these sound like classic symptoms. When they got bad I often had a fever and leg and back pain. The pedi should be able to give you some suggestions on how to prevent them in the future. With antibiotics he should be feeling normal in 2-3 days. Hopefully its nothing more serious.

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • awww poor little guy! sounds exactly like a uti! the medicine should make him feel as good as new
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually took him to the doc and they tested him for UTI, diabetes, white blood cells and everything is normal.  Seems so odd to me!  They said the leg pain can be growing pains and the cloudy urine can just be something he ate/drank and the fever could be just his his body trying to fight something off. I am going to keep an eye on him but according to the doc he is ok!  Its been about four days since the doctors and he seem fine. 

Thanks everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"