Infertility

miracle natural pregnancy with severe male infertility??

I know we all live for these stories of hearing about couples who manage to get pregnant all natural without the help of ART.. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since Nov 2011.. we tried IVF once but had to cancel the retrieval due to poor response. After that, we said we would try again in a few months, but life got in the way and now it's been almost a year since. WE decide to focus on buying a house and putting the money toward things we knew we'd get, not investing in IVF with the uncertainty that we might never walk away with a child.  I've been very high and low throughout this decision, but I think we just exhausted ourselves after a year of  2ww's, blood tests, injections, dr.s appointments, and just the overall highs and lows..I'm excited about the house we bought, but now I"m back to baby mode(t that I ever turned it off, just more suppressed it). Of course everyone makes comments about, "OK now you have the house, now you need to fill up those rooms!!" ugh! Not many people know what we've been going through, choose to keep it limited to parents, and a few good friends. So here I am..My husband and I have been pretty disconnected in the bedroom for the last 7-8 months. I think after all the baby making sex, and after the failed IVF, we just needed some time off. But we're back in a good place with sex again. We went at it this month and I know we did the deed while I was ovulating. Now I'm feeling like I did back in the early days..wondering if maybe it worked. We were given a slim to non chance based on his counts, morphology, and movement. But there's always that CHANCE..right??? Well I'm 2 days late for my period..which is crazy. I have mild cramping and I just bought a test, but I'm terrified that my period is just off. But my boobs are abnormally swollen...I don't even have period spotting...usuallly I start spotting about 3-4 days before period even comes. I also have had major nasal congestion, which is weird for me this time of year and TMI alert..I have been having some blood in my stool...weird I know, but it's only been for about the last week. So I know, everyone will just say, GO POAS, but mainly I wanted to vent. This may sound really bad but I havent even told my husband that I'm late...I dont want to even say it out loud for fear of jinxin something. Anyway, I know the chances are that I am not. AF is probably just late coming and loves to torment me. I think Im going to wait until tomorrow morning to see if AF comes, and if not. I'm testing.   Would love to hear those stories of people who got pregnant naturally against the odds! Can't hurt.  Thanks for letting me vent.

*Siggy Warning*

TTC since 11/11. 10 months natural= 10 BFN 8/12 First appt with RE 4 semen anaylsis later 1.9 million count, 21% motility and very poor morphology Me- bloodwork, 2 ultrasounds, HSG exam =I'm fine / 3 months of testosterone treatments = 3 more BFN DH bloodwork after 3 months treatment= no change/  

RE says we can continue with hormone treatment for MIF, RE says we can try IUI but doesn't expect the results to be good based on severe MIF/ 

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #1 1/11/13 Antagonist Protocol IVF Cycle #1 Canceled due to poor response and lead follicle problems. 1/18/13 started Provera to get body back to baseline / take a break to re-evaluate and recoop finances

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #2 4/13/14 Supressed with Estrace for 7 days. / Started injections 4/22/14. Baseline -0 follicles  Started 75iu menapur/150iu follistim, morning and evening injections   ER- 8 Retrieved, 7M, 7F, 5/8 transferred2 Good 8 and 9 cell Embryos. Beta #1 at 11dp3dt  67! I'm pregnant! Beta #2 174! Ultrasound scheduled 6/6/14

Ultrasound on 6/6 confirmed a singleton pregnancy and a heartbeat, although my iradic breathing would allow us to get the rate.  Second ultrasound measured great and got to hear he heartbeat!! 176 bpm Graduating to my OBGYN with our next appointment with them being 7/23/14

Re: miracle natural pregnancy with severe male infertility??

• Good Luck, I really Hope you get your miracle BFP

Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

• Thank you, me too! I'll report back tomorrow after testing.

*Siggy Warning*

TTC since 11/11. 10 months natural= 10 BFN 8/12 First appt with RE 4 semen anaylsis later 1.9 million count, 21% motility and very poor morphology Me- bloodwork, 2 ultrasounds, HSG exam =I'm fine / 3 months of testosterone treatments = 3 more BFN DH bloodwork after 3 months treatment= no change/  

RE says we can continue with hormone treatment for MIF, RE says we can try IUI but doesn't expect the results to be good based on severe MIF/ 

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #1 1/11/13 Antagonist Protocol IVF Cycle #1 Canceled due to poor response and lead follicle problems. 1/18/13 started Provera to get body back to baseline / take a break to re-evaluate and recoop finances

IVFw/ICSI Cycle #2 4/13/14 Supressed with Estrace for 7 days. / Started injections 4/22/14. Baseline -0 follicles  Started 75iu menapur/150iu follistim, morning and evening injections   ER- 8 Retrieved, 7M, 7F, 5/8 transferred2 Good 8 and 9 cell Embryos. Beta #1 at 11dp3dt  67! I'm pregnant! Beta #2 174! Ultrasound scheduled 6/6/14

Ultrasound on 6/6 confirmed a singleton pregnancy and a heartbeat, although my iradic breathing would allow us to get the rate.  Second ultrasound measured great and got to hear he heartbeat!! 176 bpm Graduating to my OBGYN with our next appointment with them being 7/23/14

• Loading the player...
  • If you're looking for success stories, you should try the Success After IF board. 
    ***Siggy****
    imageimage
    Me: 32 - PCOS, Hypothyroid 
    Hubs: 31 - low everything

TTC since Jan 2013
    May 2013 - HSG, all clear
    Aug 2013 - Hubs varicocele procedure, both sides 

Dec 2013 IVF #1: 24 retrieved, 20 fertilized, 7 made it to D5; OHSS
    1.27.14: FET; 2 D5
    Betas: 2.6.14 - 689; 2.8.14 - 2400; 2.15.14 - 37,7000
    Ultrasound: 2.15.14 - Twins! 

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• Just to update, I tested yesterday morning (4 days late) and got a negative result. I used First Response Early Detection.. so I have to assume it would detect a positive result if it can at 6 days before your missed period. Today, still no period and really no sign of it. This is really odd..my period is usually 28 days, give or take a day.. in fact when it is slightly irregular, it's usually means a shorter cycle, ie. 21-26 day cycle... so this is basically torture, no AF, no BFP, nothing. I know false negatives are possible..but I doubt I'm that lucky.. If it doesnt come by Wednesday, which will be a full week late, I'll test again. UGH

*Siggy Warning*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"