Breastfeeding

nursing to sleep

My LO is 3 months old and recently  he will mostly only go to sleep by nursing until he falls asleep.  This did not used to be the case.  I am worried this may be creating a bad habit for him.
<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: nursing to sleep

• I wouldn't worry about it becoming a "bad habit" since LO is only 3 months old. Plus, your LO is now becoming more aware of the world, and may simply find things too exciting to settle down and sleep. Nursing automatically blocks his view from all the new exciting things, and is giving him a chance to settle down and sleep.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • Sleep associations don't even begin to form until 4-6 months- you're fine. And though every baby is different, fwiw, I still nurse my 12 month old to sleep and she is able to go down for naps or nights when I am not there with no problems.

This for us too!
  • I nursed my son to sleep for 15 months. Once he was weaned there wasn't an issue. I just replaced milk with water ten eventually nothing. If it isn't a prob for you I wouldn't worry. I preferred him sleeping in comfort than crying and keeping us both up.
  • Thanks everyone!
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"