April 2014 Moms
Options

Unpasteurized Orange Juice!

Eek!! So visiting family in Florida, and my husband got me some orange juice early today. I asked for more later, but decided I should check the bottle...and I found out it was unpasteurized! Immediately called 24-hour nursing line who called poison control, and they said I would know by now if there were any problem.

Still, not so happy right now and wanted to know if anyone else did something like this with comforting results!

Re: Unpasteurized Orange Juice!

• Options
    I never thought that would be an issue! Unpasteurised milk products sure, but oj? I. Pretty sure you and baby will be ok!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're fine.  I wouldn't drink unpasteurized juice that's been sitting unrefrigerated for a week, but a glass of it fresh won't hurt!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I drink unpastized juice from the farmers market every weekend. As a plus commercial orange juicers are easy to clean, because they require constant cleaning to avoid pulp build up.
  • Options
    Lindsay808Lindsay808 member
    edited December 2013
    I didn't know this was a thing and I'm usually super paranoid. I've had fresh squeezed OJ a few times in restaurants for breakfast. 

Poison control is probably rolling their eyes. The nurse probably made you freak out even more because she did that. I'm sure you're fine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So I can't make fruit smoothies or eat fresh fruit? I wouldn't think twice about drinking some fresh OJ
  • Options

SUSHI = KISS OF DEATH
    BRIE = MORTAL WISH
    UNPASTEURIZED JUICE = SATAN'S BLOOD

Shit. Well, I'll be seeing you all.... I've had all of those things in the last month!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• Options

I definitely had 2 glasses of fresh OJ from a restaurant this weekend.....I can only imagine the  calls that poison control gets......that definitely made me giggle.

I have had my share of freak outs too...it happens to the best of us :)

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    Melon is one of the usual suspects for listeria outbreaks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"